• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight was shoulders and legs.

Grabbed dinner at Panda after downing my post-workout. The “bowl” of veggies and teriyaki chicken (skinless breast and no sauce) is pretty healthy. Its about 400 cals, too lazy to calc macros, and costs $7.25. I’ve watched the “chefs” cook the veggies. They’re blanched then stir-fried with not a lot of oil.

0KILGnx.jpg

I am trying to eat more veggies. I do not like them much, so getting a couple of servings per day takes some effort and planning.

OK I want to go on record here so you all can hold me to it.

https://outriggersantacruz.org/

and next fall:

https://outriggersantacruz.org/mbx-home/

If I like this, and I think I will, I want to be on an iron crew and paddle across the bay. Anybody wanna join? Beau? Wish you were here Dave.

Man, I wish we could do something like that in the dirty south. If I was close that would be awesome but that outrigger thing looks way different than rowing.
Also, do you have to provide your own boat? I tried finding a price for an outrigger canoe boat for 6 peeps but Google failed me only thing I saw was an entry-level thing for over $2K.

I am trying to eat more veggies. I do not like them much, so getting a couple of servings per day takes some effort and planning.

Have you tried cauliflower rice or peas?

Tonight: chest, bis, flabs and treadmill.

$7 dinner from Wholewallet: beef stew (no gravy), cauliflower rice and peas. Macros: P30 C45 F15

y3fGBL7.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I wish we could do something like that in the dirty south. If I was close that would be awesome but that outrigger thing looks way different than rowing.
Also, do you have to provide your own boat? I tried finding a price for an outrigger canoe boat for 6 peeps but Google failed me only thing I saw was an entry-level thing for over $2K.

I’m pretty sure the club provides boats. I’m going to check it out the beginning of next month. 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month is newbie day. Men’s training days are Tuesday and Thursday in the evening. I’m not sure what the winter schedule is like. I will report back after newbie day.

I've tried some of those WholeFoods ready to go meals a few times and was mostly disappointed. They look great but taste so bland. Been a while though so gonna check them out again.
There is a market I sometimes visit where they sometimes have good chilli for less than $10.

I've tried some of those WholeFoods ready to go meals a few times and was mostly disappointed. They look great but taste so bland. Been a while though so gonna check them out again.
There is a market I sometimes visit where they sometimes have good chilli for less than $10.

I think it depends on which Wholepaycheck you visit and what dish(es) you choose.

San Ramon: good
DT Walnut Creek: suck ass
Concord: suck ass
Walnut Creek on Ygnacio: good

Last edited:
OK I want to go on record here so you all can hold me to it.

https://outriggersantacruz.org/

and next fall:

https://outriggersantacruz.org/mbx-home/

If I like this, and I think I will, I want to be on an iron crew and paddle across the bay. Anybody wanna join? Beau? Wish you were here Dave.

Rowing is awesome. I still prefer the crew style boats because you use your legs more.

I've managed to slowly improve and can now row all the way across the local lake without stopping (2 miles). I'll start deviating from the straight shot and take longer trips-that race I was looking at is 20 miles, but I have a year or so to work up to it.

^ A year is my timeline for the Bay crossing. Sign up for the race now Dave. Sign up and pay the fee. Being committed with skin in the game was really the biggest factor in making me go train when I didn't want to. Fear of failure is a big motivator for me.

Also, have you seen my legs? I don't count on em for much lol!

^ A year is my timeline for the Bay crossing. Sign up for the race now Dave. Sign up and pay the fee. Being committed with skin in the game was really the biggest factor in making me go train when I didn't want to. Fear of failure is a big motivator for me.

Also, have you seen my legs? I don't count on em for much lol!

I have a rowboat that cost more than my car. I'm committed.

In other news while out today a shitty little fishing boat with a small outboard was trying to be polite and motor past me without too much of a wake. Being a world class idiot, I attempted to race the powerboat. He won, but man, he had to try.

Following that stunt I've done absolutely nothing else with my day. The energy kicks in soon, right?

I have a rowboat that cost more than my car. I'm committed.

In other news while out today a shitty little fishing boat with a small outboard was trying to be polite and motor past me without too much of a wake. Being a world class idiot, I attempted to race the powerboat. He won, but man, he had to try.

Following that stunt I've done absolutely nothing else with my day. The energy kicks in soon, right?

Off topic, tell us about the cars in your avatar :love

Just started a 20 rep squat workout. Knees and back feel great and after reading a few articles I got all jacked to give it a try!

It's a 6-8 week program.
20 rep days on MWF......BUT...after determining my squat start weight, each workout I'm supposed to add 5lbs and do 20 reps after a light warmup.
Then some rows, chest, shoulders, other things. It's supposed to be intense, mentally and physically when trying to gut out reps 15-20. Also a big strength builder.

One of many plans and history behind it.

https://gymtalk.com/20-rep-squat-routine-review/

Just started a 20 rep squat workout. Knees and back feel great and after reading a few articles I got all jacked to give it a try!

It's a 6-8 week program.
20 rep days on MWF......BUT...after determining my squat start weight, each workout I'm supposed to add 5lbs and do 20 reps after a light warmup.
Then some rows, chest, shoulders, other things. It's supposed to be intense, mentally and physically when trying to gut out reps 15-20. Also a big strength builder.

Might be worth a try, but nobody is packing on 30lbs of muscle in 6 weeks

Off topic, tell us about the cars in your avatar :love

That's a '62 Falcon I'm building for the missus.

3_12_16_Falcon_2.JPG

The red thing is a '61 Chrysler Newport which was my dad's first car.

Chrysler_10_12_15_3.JPG

And I don't mean he had the same thing-that one is his. I came home from the hospital in it.

Here he is with it in 1966.

Dad.jpeg

I can start a build thread if anyone really wants to see-the Chrysler just had the floor swapped out.

That's a '62 Falcon I'm building for the missus.

3_12_16_Falcon_2.JPG

The red thing is a '61 Chrysler Newport which was my dad's first car.

Chrysler_10_12_15_3.JPG

And I don't mean he had the same thing-that one is his. I came home from the hospital in it.

Here he is with it in 1966.

Dad.jpeg

I can start a build thread if anyone really wants to see-the Chrysler just had the floor swapped out.

Your wife is lucky! And your dad is handsome. Yeah start a thread. I just finished rebuilding the cooling system on my ‘50 Ford (usually an easy job but...) and working on my ‘74 Barracuda that hasn’t run in 10 years.

Sorry for hijacking this thread everyone.

I've never used one but thinking of ordering a sissy squat machine for home. They're cheap and don't take up much room. Anyone use one or recommend one?

It's a 6-8 week program.

Ok, so I thought I would give this a try since, why not right?

After two lighter warm up sets, I did the 20 rep set at what was about my 10RM. The last reps are pretty awful...

i didn't feel like I got enough volume, by the single 20 rep set so I did another after several minutes rest. I got 16-17 and pooped out (or wimped out). No soreness yesterday, but a little today. Enough, that I am going to push the second day off until tomorrow.

I’ve worked my way up to 17 dead hang pull ups. Twenty seems doable! Once I get there I’ll see if I can get to 25. Fuck yeah bro!

PS Don’t forget I am fucking ancient :(

Last edited:
I’ve worked my way up to 17 dead hang pull ups. Twenty seems doable! Once I get there I’ll see if I can get to 25. Fuck yeah bro!

PS Don’t forget I am fucking ancient :(

Smashing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back