2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

If you don't provide a reason, the outside can't criticize the reason, pretty much an extension to flipping the script. Pretty solid tactic, even if underhanded, but then flipping the script is a dirty tactic.

Isn't that considered retaliation? It seems that this could get them into more trouble than the initial allegation?????

Perhaps they could argue that SHE created a hostile work environment..?

Either way- F%&K Christion Horner!!!!

He's not in America, I think that things are different in Europe, some better and some worse.

I am wondering how much of this is "scripted". Ever since the Andretti thing, it seems there is more drama (Red Bull, Sulayem, etc.). Maybe for the US market? You know how much we like "Reality" TV (LOL). Just a weird thought I had.

Well they gotta do something to make the series exciting. The racing is far from it (for now)....

Isn't that considered retaliation? It seems that this could get them into more trouble than the initial allegation?????

Perhaps they could argue that SHE created a hostile work environment..?

Either way- F%&K Christion Horner!!!!

Not sure if retaliatory without knowing if she's still receiving regular pay or if she's been suspended for cause (real cause). It's not uncommon to suspend an employee and continue paying them when in a legal action. Separation (physical) from the business entity is important with pending legal action.

Helmut suspended.
Max threatening to leave RB.

Oh boy!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah! Kai yay yippee yay, things might get juicy!

I hope so, the merry go round is a tad boring to say the least. Where might Limpet-Lips go if he leaves RB? SWMBO is pissed that I told her Max is on pole tomorrow. Duh.......:rolleyes

So he might have leaked the e'mails between Horner and his accuser it seems.

The situation surrounding Marko is significant because it has emerged in recent days that his presence at the team could be critical to Max Verstappen’s own future.

It has been suggested that there is a clause in Verstappen’s contract that would allow him to leave if Marko departs – which is why the veteran Austrian thinks it is critical that the situation is sorted soon.

Marko said: “Max is certainly the strongest asset that the team has. There is no faster driver at the moment and if we were to lose him, it would be an incredible loss, because of course there are also an incredible number of mechanics, including engineers, who are all working incredibly hard for Max.

Horner now faces the potential of making a decision between keeping Marko to satisfy Verstappen or risk losing his big asset.

However, as reported by German outlet Auto Motor Sport, he believes he can continue to win without Verstappen, Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey and Ford.

The report claims that the 50-year-old believes he is the architect of the success that has seen Red Bull win three straight championships.

Verstappen will not stand for Marko going – increasing the prospect of his moving to Mercedes.

The triple world champion said: 'If such an important pillar falls away, it is not good for my situation and I have told the team that. He is an important part in my decision-making for the future.

Like last year Red Bull and Ferrari looking far better than Mercedes.

McLaren and Aston Martin a step ahead as well.

Hamilton's qualifying time a full second behind Verstappen, a half second behind Alonso.

Can Sainz's standin 18 year old Bearman beat Hamilton in the race?

THAT would be embarassing.

Sainz just had his appendix removed.

M. Verstappen

C. Leclerc

S. Pérez

F. Alonso

O. Piastri

L. Norris

G. Russell

L. Hamilton

Y. Tsunoda

L. Stroll

Last edited:
Verstappen is either a robot or the greatest driver of all time.
It can’t be as easy as he makes it seem even with the best car on the grid.

Only a quarter of a second faster per lap than his teammate. :laughing

Norris and Hamilton got the short end of the stick on that safety car when, evidently, they were too close to their teammate to double stack.

Great drive by the kid Bearman.

That safety car was a blessing for him for sure.

Mercedes looks like it may struggle to hang on to a lowly fourth in the constructor standings! :wtf

Only a quarter of a second faster per lap than his teammate. :laughing

Norris and Hamilton got the short end of the stick on that safety car when, evidently, they were too close to their teammate to double stack.

Great drive by the kid Bearman.

That safety car was a blessing for him for sure.

Mercedes looks like it may struggle to hang on to a lowly fourth in the constructor standings! :wtf

The difference between the greats and the also rans is for the greats the objective is to beat their teammate and win races, not fastest laps, which Verstappen does repeatedly easily.
Anyone remember who won the most fastest laps last year? Didn’t think so :rofl:rofl

Doesn’t matter if Perez is 10 seconds faster if he can never get his shit together to beat Max

So many story lines in that race. It stayed exciting, even if the stories had nothing to do with the front cars.

KMag destroying other drivers’ races was hilarious. Good play by him, especially since it makes Haus look far less bad.

It is if the car's "that" good...which it is. Still, Verstappen's a top tier driver.

It is if the car's "that" good...which it is. Still, Verstappen's a top tier driver.

There’s always been cars that are “that” good with top tier drivers still not getting the most from them. Making the occasional mistake, not keeping their cool, forced into an error. When’s the last time Verstappen screwed up?

Maybe Persz is the real yardstick of how good the RB is.

Even Perez said this weekend in an interview that Max in a next level driver. He cannot believe how Max is spot on (almost no mistakes) lap after lap.

I do not like Max, but I do recognize that he is a "Generational Driver". Kind of like Valentino Rossi in his day. Nobody could touch Rossi (unless Rossi hung back to make the racing "interesting).

When you have to push the car to the ragged edge to be competitive, you're going to make mistakes.

When you have a car that can pass any other car out there at will, you will never have to take it to the ragged edge. At this level, there is no reason to make a mistake when you have performance in hand over every other car.

I just don't get this 'he never makes a mistake' thing, he doesn't have to push the car to win, where would he make a mistake?

Why does Max have 56 wins to Perez’s 6?
Shouldn’t Perez also be cruising to effortlessly easy wins.

Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet, Hamilton, all made more mistakes while driving dominate cars.
Max won 19 of the past 20 races, no errors. That’s where the no mistakes comes from.

The car was built to suit RB's #1 driver and his style. For awhile there, Perez was giving Max all he could handle, then that changed.... RB didn't want another situation like with Vettel and Webber, IMHO, I wonder what would happen if they swapped cars with no changes.

Mercedes let their drivers fight it out, sometimes to their sorrow.

Checo's challenge for Max last year ended when he started having braking issues. He was still having braking issues with the new car during the preseason test. I doubt he'll ever recover enough to beat Max straight-up.

Back