• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

The Formula 1 season may be the best, going forward, that we've seen in years.

More parity will definitely be welcome....only one guy will be absolutely against it! :laughing

Ya, Max not getting any penalty is the same normal croc of shit. The FIA found “no driver was predominantly at fault” which is crap because the driver that is out of control is at fault by default. They think that Hamilton should have done more to avoid the collision… which is more bullshit. Ham did turn in a tiny bit and that’s prob why. I guess Ham needed to immediately recognize that Max fucked up and give him tons of room, because he’s Max.

Super disappointing to see McLaren do those team orders. Really tarnishes the Piastri win.

Fun radio chatter the whole time. Max getting all upset is costing him track position. He was faster than Hamilton and just had to keep it in his pants for another lap or two and it would have been a podium.

And at least Perez showed up and drove like a an actual racecar driver this weekend. The Redbull looks a lot less twitchy. Perhaps that's why Max is getting frustrated with his inability to rotate the car, and Perez doesn't crash for once.

I haven't watched the race yet, I will tonight, and I already know the outcome. Why did McClaren order Lando Norissien to give up the lead? I read that he exited the pits ahead of Piastri.

I haven't watched the race yet, I will tonight, and I already know the outcome. Why did McClaren order Lando Norissien to give up the lead? I read that he exited the pits ahead of Piastri.

Oscar was supposed to go in before him, Lando took the lead on that stop.

Lando was given an undercut on Piastri to cover Hamilton’s possible undercut. Piastri wasn’t pit sooner because it would have added risk to his win by being on older tires at the end. Since teammates aren’t necessarily racing each other, the best solution for the team and the fairest for the drivers was that Lando covers Hamilton then gives the spot back once that happens and Piastri pits. Lando’s high pace and Piastri’s low pace made that very difficult for everyone. Oscar even apologized on the radio for his pace.

Max is quite the crybaby. Bitching that Lewis didn’t give him room when Max dive bombed down the inside yet also bitching about Lando forcing Max wide at the start.
How does his mind reconcile him being in the right with both instances when he’s on opposite sides in each instance.

Reactions: GAJ
Max is going to interpret it as he did nothing wrong and it was actually Hamilton's fault, just as he blames Norris for their collision.
Max is quite the crybaby. Bitching that Lewis didn’t give him room when Max dive bombed down the inside yet also bitching about Lando forcing Max wide at the start.
How does his mind reconcile him being in the right with both instances when he’s on opposite sides in each instance.
I think that Max was a spoiled child and things are supposed to work out for his benefit. He's got a set of double standards between what he's supposed to be able to do and what others are supposed to be able to do. He's the first to offend but also the first to cry foul when somebody does to him what he does to others. I've known a few people like that and they have never been pleasant people to be around.

Reactions: GAJ
Max is going to interpret it as he did nothing wrong and it was actually Hamilton's fault, just as he blames Norris for their collision.

I think that Max was a spoiled child and things are supposed to work out for his benefit. He's got a set of double standards between what he's supposed to be able to do and what others are supposed to be able to do. He's the first to offend but also the first to cry foul when somebody does to him what he does to others. I've known a few people like that and they have never been pleasant people to be around.
Would love to see McLaren continue to narrow the constructor gap.

No doubt I can see Verstappen taking out whichever McLaren is the biggest threat.

Never mind that the second biggest threat is Perez and his woeful performance.

Ya, Max not getting any penalty is the same normal croc of shit. The FIA found “no driver was predominantly at fault” which is crap because the driver that is out of control is at fault by default. They think that Hamilton should have done more to avoid the collision… which is more bullshit. Ham did turn in a tiny bit and that’s prob why. I guess Ham needed to immediately recognize that Max fucked up and give him tons of room, because he’s Max.
In the after race room (where the top 3 hang until the podium celebration), Lewis saw the replay and even commented that it was a racing incident. So, based on that, I feel the stewards made the correct call. However, Max did dive bomb that corner.

Lewis was being the bigger man in the situation and FIA exploited it.

Yes, Hamilton did turn in, but he had to in order to avoid going completely off the track, which is what Max wanted and was expecting, then he could say that Hamilton gained an advantage while off the track (if Hamilton kept on the gas like he did at the start of the race) because his nose was ahead.

Max was definitely at fault and they are just feeding his bad behavior.

^^^^^^
Don't get me wrong....Max was defiantly at fault and should have been penalized. I just found it weird that Hamilton made the comment.

Max is a whiny bitch. This race just proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think there is going to be a lot more of that to come...remember how Vettel got after no longer having a superior car?

I think Max is cut from the same cloth.

I think that Hamilton was trying to smooth things over between them, but that was a mistake, you don't try to placate a petulant child.

In the after race room (where the top 3 hang until the podium celebration), Lewis saw the replay and even commented that it was a racing incident. So, based on that, I feel the stewards made the correct call. However, Max did dive bomb that corner.

The F1 press wants to focus on the discussion between Lewis and Lando that got a little "snippy"....

When asked whether he thought he needed to apologize for the radio messages, Verstappen said, "I don't think we need to apologize, I just think we need to do better." He continued, "I don't know why people think you cannont be vocal on a radio. This is a sport. If some people don't like that then stay home."
He probably doesn't realize that they did stay home, that's how they heard it! :laughing

Good drama and finally, a race worth watching...although watching Hammy win a few weeks ago was great too.

So the announcers kept talking about Max staying up late on the sim. I thought it was him running the RB sim as that’s how teams test out setup changes and such (somehow, it’s probably in England so that was a dumb thought by me during the race). But nooooo, he was driving an esport event until 3am, the 24hr of Spa.

I’m surprised he did that and his team let him, especially w not having a dominant car for the weekend. There is no chance that doing that activity til so late had zero effect on him and his abilities.

Back