• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Crap, I thought this was for him running into Hamilton.

Should make for an interesting race.

Perez will be DESPERATE to finish ahead of VerStappen...assuming he makes it out of Q1.

Wow, RB has already used all of Max's allotted engines and the season is just past the midway point?

Is that how he did so well at the start of the season, burning up engines in the process?

Makes me wonder if Newey disengaged his brain after deciding to leave RB, perhaps they're getting less from him in the last few races and it's costing them in the races.

Yes, pure speculation, but it would explain a lot...

Wow on the engine allotment being expended. I agree with you Brett: Newey is disengaged and can only be so effective, without redesigning the whole car possibly.

Taking the engine at Spa is a tactical move because passing isn't hard and extra power from a fresh engine makes that even easier. Max has had a grid penalty at the last 2 Belgian GPs and I suspect a few other drivers will take some penalties for parts as well.

How many of the used engines stay in the pool? do they take any away after taking a fresh one?

I can't find any info on which drivers have removed engines from their allocation. Maybe none of them have. Given how few they get, they probably run the oldest one on Friday quite often. All drivers have taken their 3rd and all four RBs have taken their 4th. Gasly is already on his 5th full set.

We know that Max had a problem with one in Canada. That engine has been sent to Japan to see if it's still good. Supposedly it was an electrical part, but with the sealing regs that part may not be replaceable. He'll take another if it's fully busted.

I think this is good for Haas. Ocon be the number where he can step up and shine. He has enough experience. He is a bit of an upgrade from Magnussen. This will be a good benchmark for Bearman as well. Getting immediately introduced to what it’s like to have a shitty teammate.

Last edited:
Not related to recent posts but I just want to say Lando was a dick
kthnxbye

If everyone updated their engines and accepted the grid penalty they’d effectively eliminate it as a penalty

At this rate, he might as well start at the back of the grid of the F3 race. LOL

Replace any more components, he'll have to start in Le Mans...

I wonder how much weight would have been on the car if he had changed the tire....I'm guessing that the team set up the car weight that took into consideration having a 2 stop strategy. I kind of doubt that the fuel left in the car was a mistake, I think they knew they were under weight and left in just enough fuel to put it over.

I was surprised by the race, Max was dominant in all practices and qualifying, but then didn't look the same in the race. Wierd.

Suppose a piece of a wing breaks off or a fluid leak on the last laps leaving the car slightly under. Doesn’t happen often but would suck after a whole weekends efforts.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that in the case of a piece breaking off that would have made up the difference, that would get factored in. It's not a black and white process, they are very systematic about how they go about it.

Back