• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Amatuer Jam 4 - 01/08/2010, 7:00 PM

Shit yeah dawg time to jam off some Steve Vai rifs fo sho! :thumbup

Hmmmmmm.It does sound like fun. You guys planning to focus on any particular genres? I mainly play that loud heavy shit, but can tone it down to the moderate NeoClassical variety.

The people who have participated in the past come at it from different backgrounds and preferences but it's resulted in some good intersections. We often started on a blues based jam to warm up, some people like to free jam, others like to do covers and we end up doing a little of each. Whatever you bring to the party is great. A number of people who have said they're in can do the loud, heavy thing!

+1 on loud and heavy! :teeth

Dude, everything could use more cowbell !!!! :laughing

I can't make it. "I got a fever!"

cowbell_skit.jpg

And the only cure is:

cowbell.gif

So I know a bunch of covers, basic chords, and think I could hold my own :rofl :teeth The date is far enough out so I think it's a go:thumbup Shoud i start looking up 12bar blues right now? :dunno seems to be what every one was going for before... at least i can learn some rythm and particapate this tme around:party
I can't make it. "I got a fever!"

cowbell_skit.jpg

And the only cure is:

cowbell.gif

uhhh... repost:laughing:twofinger

Last edited:
Oh hai Jaysin! :wave And getting a blues riff or two down wouldn't be a bad thing! :)

+2 on loud and heavy

Schteve what exactly is it that you like to play? Most people's idea of heavy is what I fall asleep to :D

Well, lately I have been going back to my 80's roots for some good wholesome Randy Rhoads riffs, Yngwie Malmsteen, Slayer, Metallica(of course),Dio(Vivian Campbell's era), and threw in some SRV and Even Lynard Skynard for some flavor. Been learning theory as well.

Last edited:
Well, lately I have been going back to my 80's roots for some godd wholesome Randy Rhoads riffs, Yngwie Malmsteen, Slayer, Metallica(of course),Dio(Vivian Campbell's era), and threw in some SRV and Even Lynard Skynard for some flavor. Been learing theory as well.

Well, f**k. First you drag your elbow and now this. :x

:laughing

Hooli has a green one.

I wish. :cry

charvel_main.jpg

i might come out to this one we'l see what the interest is like closer to the date.

if I do though, i'll only bring one guitar and needed accessories.

i might come out to this one we'l see what the interest is like closer to the date.

if I do though, i'll only bring one guitar and needed accessories.

It would be good to have you there.

I'll be out of communication for a couple of weeks after this Friday, but will resume bumping this thread the week leading up to the jam.

Back