• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Forum Update/Visual Overhaul

Well, OK:

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

My question isn't about the rules, it's about the forum capabilities because, as I mentioned, I see some forums can hide the image and overlay a NSFW or +18 message with a click to reveal.
You can use the spoiler tags. [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without spaces in the brackets).
Or if you click more options in the editor, there's a 'spoiler' button.

there’s a “spoiler” function on Xen-BARF, that hides post content behind a “spoiler” tag … it’s the eye with a slash icon when I’m preparing a post.

not sure if that’s what you’re looking for, or if the “spoiler” function would comply with Xen-BARF mandatory linked-content rules … :dunno

(205-ed by Mr @Abacinator:facepalm)

In addition to Spoiler (which is news to me and pretty cool), you can just link the picture by clicking the link icon:

1717605715439.png

Paste in the URL, add some text to get something like this:

Linked Picture

Or if you want, just paste the URL of the picture and get something like the below:

The Admin and Techs are still cleaning up and looking features of the new software. But for now you still need to link NSFW images.

Edit: Looks like they are on it already.

You can use the spoiler tags. [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without spaces in the brackets).
Or if you click more options in the editor, there's a 'spoiler' button.
Awesome!

not sure if that’s what you’re looking for, or if the “spoiler” function would comply with Xen-BARF mandatory linked-content rules … :dunno
Surely, barf is a spirit of law folk, right!?

That is pretty cool. Insyder knowlege. ;)

Is there a way to embed a Google map, as with the old GMAP tag? My old ride reports used that a lot.

I think I've got to turn on a Google Maps API setting.

Thanks for the heads up

Can we get our awards, AMA# back under our avatar?
Seconded. There used to be a lot of cool stuff under our avatar/username, such as post count, location, bikes, and more I'm sure. Now it just says lame things like "Booty Hunter" :bigbarf

Seconded. There used to be a lot of cool stuff under our avatar/username, such as post count, location, bikes, and more I'm sure. Now it just says lame things like "Booty Hunter" :bigbarf
I know they're going to say it anyway, but most of what you're looking for is there if you hover your mouse pointer over someone's avatar.

Not seeing it.
I know they're going to say it anyway, but most of what you're looking for is there if you hover your mouse pointer over someone's avatar.

I would prefer to see the info without having to dive into menus.
In the previous version of Barf, it gave the avatars personality.

Back