• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Jam: Saturday, December 1st, 7 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyhow, I had a ton of fun. Unbelievable musicianship all around.

There were a lot of good players last night! It was very cool to see how someone would start an idea and it would take shape as others added to it. There was a lot more give and take in this jam than in previous ones. :thumbup

Going forward, I want to try to capture that spirit and help make sure everyone has space to play.

Lately, I've found that using the tone control on my guitar allows me to fall into the background after soloing without disappearing altogether. I'll try to show other guitar players that trick in the future, as it keeps a good foundation going in lower frequencies, and creates space in the spectrum for the current soloist to be heard.

Cannelcat, don't sweat mistakes. We all make 'em and they're just a moment in time. Much more fun to focus on the things that went right and there was a lot of that. :)

Chad, thanks so much for hosting. It was great to meet Mrs. Ironbutt, as well. She's great! To all of the musicians: thank you guys so much. You were all great, and it was especially cool to see the sax and the violin. Love it! We need to find a flautist, so we can rock some Jethro Tull! :thumbup

Already looking forward to the next one! Andy, great idea with the tone control.

Had a FANTASTIC time. Thanks IButtx2, for sharing your space. I am thankful the musicians can share their magic with us.

I'm bummed that we didn't get to hear you sing, Sal. Channelcat was rocking it mic-less pretty well. Way to go, man. You can belt it out nicely!

Hope we can do this again sometime soon. Was lots of fun. Just keep me away from the drums next time :)

Hey Joe, I thought you beat the skins just fine!
Next time, a PA would really be in order, I think they rent them at Music Unlimited right around the corner on E. 14th....I have a couple of mics and stands, too.
Lot of very cool contributions last night, I thought..good peeps!:)

HEY!! I played "Hokey-Pokey" - it's as polka as I can get without massive amounts of....

anyhow, I had a ton of fun. Unbelievable musicianship all around.

Next time, if we're in a "casual" venue, I'll remember to pack my P.A. and a vocal mic, so the singing will be easier.

HONK HONK!!

Your happy Birthday and Hokey Pokey renditions were awesome! :thumbup

Thank you so much to Andy for arranging and The Ironbutts for hosting! Can't wait to see y'all again ! :)

Thanks Andy and Chad for organizing and hosting, respectively. :thumbup

PS: Another thanks to Chad for babysitting my umbrella overnight. :p

Glad to see you all had a great time :party

Me? I was very tired. I took a nap at 5:30. Woke up around 8:30 and didn't feel too good :(

Then couldn't get to sleep until 2am this morning, was sat watching My Fair Wedding with David Tutera all bloody night :rofl

Even had two shots of brandy to calm my stomach and try to send me to sleep., But ohhh no, up til 2am

Napping is bad for you, mkay :x

Hopefully next time :party

We missed you Wendy!

good times!!!

Thanks for hosting, Mr and Mrs Ironbutt!

I'll pop gladly for the PA..and..whoever introduced me to the Shine..well, tahnks. Now I am doomed.:)

Thats what I thought..save me from my depredations!:rofl
wish I had wicked up Higher Ground..sax and violins woulda been shreddin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back