budman

General Menace
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
Due to a small amount of demand I am starting the 2024 Rally thread 6 days earlier than last year. :laughing

We will have 4 rallies again this year. Come one come all!! :ride :twofinger :ride

Pit Ho Rally will venture to Taft.
May 3rd -5th.
THREAD IS HERE

Western Inn and Suites.
661-765-2161
Good luck getting thru. Their phone system is having frequent problems. :nchantr

Last year we went to Morro Bay which stretched some wallets. It was great but
Taft is cost effective, always fun and the roads that way are sweet. It provides access to some So Calish sweetness and the ride down is not super far.

caprice.jpg

Sweeping Winger Rally will go to... Kernville!!!
Last year we went to Kernville which was a blast...!!! But.. a lot of the great roads were hammered and closed and :rant So we are giving it another go!

EDIT:
July 12-14th Kernville

Thread here

Kernville Inn block of rooms made. They will hold until June 12th. If we get all booked then a discount will be had on check in.
760-376-2206

Back up Motel: Riverview Lodge
760-376-6019
It is just across the road and right on the river. They have a private beach so if someone stays there we have a legal spot to throw down a fire in their pit. Beautiful spot. I told Jeff we can go there regardless because we are motorcyclist and ya know.. breaking the law is sort of our thing :laughing

Last year weather had shut down a lot of the fun roads. CalTrans crews have fixed those and hopefully they stay fixed!!

The town has some really good food and dravnx has blocked out dinner for Friday and Saturday nights.

Thanks for the work Jeff! :thumbup

BZMZePJ.jpg

The Hoho Midsummer Magic Rally will head to Weaverville as always and Ms. two wheel tramp will be our Rally Mistress.

Thread is HEREhttps://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560668

Get your Hoho Magic on! :ride

This is a longer ride for us in the So Bay.
picture.php

The Rydther Rally will head back to Hawthorne.
Fingers crossed that Joe's in opened back up. :angel
Sept 13-15th
The ride to Hawthorne rocks. 108 or 4 or ?? Not a long ass day either.

EDIT:
Accomodations: Travelodge by Wyndham <-- click that link for the barf secured rooms. Good until August 31.
Questions or special needs 775-945-3321

Every chance I get to post WayC's video I will take it because I love seeing myself fly by. :teeth Our Nevada proving grounds in it full glory. :laughing

youtu.be/5p1ad0uAwv8

Attachments

• 24 Rallies.jpg
    24 Rallies.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
YAY TAFT!

YAY WEAVERVILLE.

I will try to make Taft this year. I vote late April-ish for the date. :cool

You can submit your pleas for Weaverville dates now. :laughing

I've GOT to try and make Weaverville work this year. If nothing else, then to join SFMCJohn on his awesome sunrise/sunset rides to the top of some magnificent terrain feature!

Yay Taft!
Lots of fun DS options around there & on the way there.

I've GOT to try and make Weaverville work this year. If nothing else, then to join SFMCJohn on his awesome sunrise/sunset rides to the top of some magnificent terrain feature!

:thumbup

be awesome to chalk up another sunrise ride with you in 2024! You'd love the Hawthorne, NV, BARF Rally, too ... :ride

some people I managed to talk into riding up Weaver Bally with me in 2020:

tomarronjohn.coffee.jpg

Mr anytwowilldo, Mr lunch box and Mr m0t0_ryder waiting for the sunrise on Weaver Bally on Saturday morning ...

wb.bikes_.sunrise.jpg

and, the sunrise on Saturday, July 2020 ...

17885c6c-f7a1-45d4-8d90-e12de9f8a35e-e1596001810188.jpeg

my friend Mr Cincinnatus joined me up on Weaver Bally on Friday night on his street-tire shod 2020 BMW GSA ... :cool

:party

I always shoot for a "perfect score" with BARF rallies in any given year, which is an AMA club thing if you make all the scheduled "official" club rides in a riding season. (AMA O/MC #0001, ftw!). so guess that would be the four rallies, plus the two usual StonyBARFs. I seldom pull it off. :facepalm

(almost did it in '23, since we only had one StonyBARF--but had to do a different dual-sport rally, and so missed BARF Kernville. : |)

Last edited:
Hey John.

Should we be doing a barf rally pin for those making all 4??
I was the only lad that did last year but maybe that would be a cool deal.

Hey John.

Should we be doing a barf rally pin for those making all 4??
I was the only lad that did last year but maybe that would be a cool deal.

yes! you should totally do that, because it's a fun AMA club deal. :thumbup:laughing

here's what we gave BARFer Mr kalle for getting both a "perfect score" and "high points" honors with my other club at our recent 2023 awards banquet:

picture.php

(you get points for showing up at weekly club meetings and rides, and the three guys with the most "high points" get a trophy or pin for that, too, at the end of the season. so perfect score is just making all the official club rides and high-points is rides+meetings. very old-school traditional, I'm sure Stockton MC and Oakland MC do the same thing. guess we've been doing it for 120 years, or at least since the AMA was founded in 1924 ... :ride)

big congratulations to you for your 2023 BARF O/MC #0001 Perfect Score, I'm impressed. :angel

Last edited:
oooooOOOOOooooo, rally planning!

Looking forward to more BARF miles and smiles in 2024 :ride

yes! you should totally do that, because it's a fun AMA club deal. :thumbup:laughing

big congratulations to you for your 2023 BARF O/MC #0001 Perfect Score, I'm impressed. :angel

Thanks... I need a Kalle style WWE champ belt. :laughing
Planning on it again for '24.

You guys go all in!!! :wow

K'ville is one of my favorites.

You guys go all in!!! :wow

it totally just depends on whose turn/job it is to get the trophies in any given year. I think the year before we handed out paper cocktail coasters for the perfect score/high points awards. :laughing

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there, but the Algorithms have been trying really hard to show me how cool Nevada City is.

Nevada City is nice, I hear, good roads around there. I wanted to stay in the area last time I was up there but EVERYTHING was booked up and down 49 (I was looking day of on a Saturday, my bad)

I wanna try to make all the rallies this year, my only blocked dates are the first full week of August since I tend to be in Colorado sailing with my dad.

I did a quick scan of Nevada City.
Staying within walking distance of bars and food is a must for rally fun.
National Exchange looks awesome but well beyond Morro Bay pricing.

Hoity toity.. < How do you spell that anyway. :laughing

Back