• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Rallies 2024...!!!!

Back to the rally dates. Any weekend in May for the Pit Ho rally. I might have a conflict the weekend of the 18th but not enough to be considered in the greater planning.

Im out for everything in July and August, but definitely in for September.

June is pretty free. Me and the Missus have our 15th Anniversary the last weekend of the month so if its somewhere pretty and Winger's is that weekend we might make a longer trip that ends up with all you weirdos. :)

I have a date picked for the Pit Ho.

Aligns with your deal.

If the Motel would pick up the damn phone I would be able to broadcast it. I gave up after 10 tries (either no answer or busy) and just emailed them. :rant

dravnx is working dates for the Winger. We have selected a location if we can get the right quantity of rooms.

Stay tuned.

I have to chime in on Sturgis.
I believe this is THE premier rally of/for America.
It has never been about HD's only, it got started from an Indian dealer Pappy, Rally and Races, all makes of bikes, dirt bobbed for competition, Indians for the Gypsy Tour, All the fun roads, Needles Hwy, Iron Mountain Rd. and out to Wyoming, for a spacy rock. South Dakota built all of this for tourists, not just Bikers, with a capital B.

I think BARF renting a house for the month, giving extended time frame for scheduling vacation time for the rally goers, might be doable for a greater number of riders. With maybe 12 days of official rally, the roads don't close, other rallies, Corvettes, Mustangs, John Deere, Deadwood Nites, are rolling thru the summer

If by BARF you mean me... you are out of luck. Maybe in a couple years when I retire. I have a hard time keeping all the peas on my plate these days. :laughing

Herding Cats ain't easy. Specially cool Moto Cats. ;)

I would like to go to Sturgis, but planning for 4 people is waaaaaaaaay easier than 25.

In. Hoping for 2 or 3 this year.

edit....room booked for Hawthorne

Last edited:
I meant BARF as the hive, I figured a house would be easier to schedule vacations for flexing time there, flowing contestants thru as their personal time permits.
I base this on my time renting ski leases for the season, used the same way.

I love it when the hive steps up and I can just be an invitee. :teeth

I always thought Crescent City could be a fantastic rally destination. It's a long ride up but lots of bars etc and stunning scenery.

Reactions: WFO
The Sweeping Winger will be July 12-14th Kernville locked down.

Go to the OP for accomodations and additional information! :ride

I always thought Crescent City could be a fantastic rally destination. It's a long ride up but lots of bars etc and stunning scenery.

I have stayed there before. The bars are not typically walking distance to a motel that would work for us. It is stunningly beautiful. Maybe I did not look hard enough. :laughing

and yes.. a hella long ride for most of us. Doable in a day though. Just a long ass day!

and yes.. me and couple friends road our bikes onto the pier. :teeth

Attachments

• crescent city pier 2022.jpg
    crescent city pier 2022.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 4
Well sheeeit, the year I decide to buy tix for Motoamerica and it's the same dates as Kernville, I'll get down there with you all one of these years! I think I ended up in both Weaverville and Kernville last year, just not during the rallys.

Thread for the Sweeping Winger is open.

If I could get through to the Western Inn and Suites in Taft that would be open too. :rant

Ok. Definitely in for Rydther. Definitely out for Sweeping Winger.

Hows it going for the dates for Taft and Weaverville?

I have a date for Taft... just cannot get the motel to respond to confirm. Phone busy every time. Emails not responded too.

I don't want to commit and get screwed and would rather do a cost effective motel than the Taft full bling.

Frustrated as hell. :rant

OP updated to include Taft on May 3rd-5th.
I was unable to block rooms because the Manager is out until the end of the month. Made my reservation :teeth

Just called the Taft connecto. No Bueno.

Just called the Taft connecto. No Bueno.

I called everyday for two weeks and then got thru.
They put me on hold and hung up! :rant

Four more immediate attempts for me got me back.
“Please don’t put me on hold just put the phone down!” :laughing

Back