BARF Rallies 2024...!!!!

Nevada City is pretty popular with those who decided to leave the Bay Area so it's been shifting to cater to those folks I suspect. I've always thought Downieville seemed interesting, but I suspect it has the same pricing issues

Nevada City is pretty popular with those who decided to leave the Bay Area so it's been shifting to cater to those folks I suspect. I've always thought Downieville seemed interesting, but I suspect it has the same pricing issues

Well i feel pretty hoity toity to be catered to by targeted advertisers that google thinks i have enough money for.

:D

I like Quincy’s price point mostly because I can commute from home! Not much of a ride though.

A Harley would be good for Sturgis. :teeth

They are having a street race through town for the first time. That would be cool.

I haven't been to Sturgis in nearly 20 years and don't think 2024 is the year to do it. But a Street Glide would be a comfortable way to get to Nevada from here!

I was randomly thinking I should attend Sturgis at some point, I'd just have to part the Ducati discretely :laughing

I have wanted to go for a while.
Probably never will. :laughing

I haven't been to Sturgis in nearly 20 years and don't think 2024 is the year to do it. But a Street Glide would be a comfortable way to get to Nevada from here!

Get Harley rental package deal: truck/ trailer/moto/box of spares/and AAA membership for one low price :thumbup

I have wanted to go for a while.
Probably never will. :laughing

This is the year of the first Adv Tracker event. Im hoping it is the AFT equivalent to King of the Baggers.

That whole thing about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast....

Well, spectating when the bikes are "slow" because they are enormous and overpowered for the conditions is its own kind of fun. Like an MMA match in the back seat of a hatchback.

Back to the rallies, we already blocked the weekend after labor day, the traditional Rydther weekend, in our annual vacation planning at work. Ill be able to adjust but the missus might miss out :(

Were still shooting for both of us to be there though.

Well... after I retire I should have time. Until then I am consumed with riding with ya'll!!!

Closing in on the other dates. :cool

YAY TAFT!

YAY WEAVERVILLE.

I will try to make Taft this year. I vote late April-ish for the date. :cool

You can submit your pleas for Weaverville dates now. :laughing

:thumbup

can we please, please, pretty please do our 2024 Hoho Weaverville Rally the weekend of 08/2-3-4/2024? :gsxrgrl

we did 07/28-29-30 in 2023, but the last weekend in July is a conflict for me in 2024. : |

okthnxubye. :teeth

Last edited:
I’ll go where SFMC John goes :ride

I have to chime in on Sturgis.
I believe this is THE premier rally of/for America.
It has never been about HD's only, it got started from an Indian dealer Pappy, Rally and Races, all makes of bikes, dirt bobbed for competition, Indians for the Gypsy Tour, All the fun roads, Needles Hwy, Iron Mountain Rd. and out to Wyoming, for a spacy rock. South Dakota built all of this for tourists, not just Bikers, with a capital B.

I think BARF renting a house for the month, giving extended time frame for scheduling vacation time for the rally goers, might be doable for a greater number of riders. With maybe 12 days of official rally, the roads don't close, other rallies, Corvettes, Mustangs, John Deere, Deadwood Nites, are rolling thru the summer

My grandparents came from Taft, schedule in some wildflowers blooming, I should make this one, , ,

Nate, My '07 trip to Sturgis, I found a brand new red '08 Hyper chained to a dumpster in an alley in Sturgis, my lust for something in a red dress, got started there.

Last edited:
Back