• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I blame Matthew Mcconaughey for Lincoln's demise. :laughing

Less yapping. More pics.
resized-LHA083-Stratos-Rally-Version-1972-1975C.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed they do. And they shouldn't. I love Audis but I'd have a BMW or Merc first. If I'm buying a luxury car, I don't want it to have a cheaper "brother".

BMW and Mercedes aren't sub-brands of a larger corporation, tho. So, of course they don't share platforms with other lower brands since there are none in relation to them.

So, VW, GM, Ford, Fiat, Toyota, Honda and Nissan should just 86 their luxury lines. Huh.

I guess that makes Bentley and Rolls Royce not really luxury brands either.

So, VW, GM, Ford, Fiat, Toyota, Honda and Nissan should just 86 their luxury lines. Huh.

If it's putting lipstick on a pig...yes. I'm totally fine with that.

I guess that makes Bentley and Rolls Royce not really luxury brands either.

I don't think either of them share platforms but rather are just owned by another brand.

A lot of companies share components, though. :dunno

I'm talking about running gear being the same, frame being the same...basically the only differences are plastics and trim pieces. Maybe a few electronics here and there. Basically an overpriced cousin to a lower-level product.

Picture thread!!!

142407314.4lX9R77u.jpg

Do you really think anyone (read: enough to save the brand) would drop the coin for a new baller-status Continental, though?

People...about 50% livery use and 50% old people...buy the Cadillac XTS. That thing is grossly expensive even though it kinda sucks. So yeah, there's a market for a very upmarket Continental if they do it right.

Back