• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

This is what a Willys is supposed to look like, not a street rod...

You curmudgeons forgot the idea of a street rod. It can be anything.

I very much appreciate the work done to that Willys. It will got for $100k+ for sure. The interior is even better looking.

I think that Willys is cool.

Me too. I've seen every sort of mustang/camero/cuda and then a few more, if nothing else I can say I've never seen one of those before. I'm not the kind to say there's only one way to do a cool car, so - there's more than one way to do a ...anything.

I very much appreciate the work done to that Willys. It will got for $100k+ for sure. The interior is even better looking.

Doesn't matter, it's fugly. I don't care how much work went into it or what the original vehicle is, it looks like a polished turd. That truck simply does not work for that getup.

Besides, that schtick is getting stale in my opinion. Too many vehicles have that look and its not aging well. Hell, it isn't even that old and its already aging.

NEXT!

I like everything about it except the donk wheels. Would look way better with some sidewall

For the most part I can live with the Willys, and the wheel choice. But they really should have pushed the front axle forward to give it the proper street rod look, and a more proper fender aesthetic.

Proper Willys:

t2ec1517.jpg

hrdp-1003-01%2B1953-willys-wagon%2Bfront-view.jpg

685985d1343088355-61-superior-traction-willys-pick-up-build-thread-2012-06-30-12.54.32.jpg

I'll bet you 50 hobo dollars that it doesn't make $60k. I used to have a Willys
4X4 pu years ago. They have extremely straight, flat lines, i'd think it would be one of the easiest vehicles to chop, lower, etc. Very simple, and stuffing an LSX in it without the 4x4 would be a breeze with a painless wiring kit.

Now, do a 4x4 with an LSX and updated suspension, interior and chop the back to make it short......

I'll bet you 50 hobo dollars that it doesn't make $60k. I used to have a Willys
4X4 pu years ago. They have extremely straight, flat lines, i'd think it would be one of the easiest vehicles to chop, lower, etc. Very simple, and stuffing an LSX in it without the 4x4 would be a breeze with a painless wiring kit.

Now, do a 4x4 with an LSX and updated suspension, interior and chop the back to make it short......

Not to mention the fact that they are just not that desirable. I think they are cool, they are just not highly sought after, especially the pickups. The coupes are another animal, however.

Just because you dump heaps of money into something does not mean you'll get anything close to that out of it. Dumping six figures into a Willys pickup and expecting to get six figures out of it is borderline lunacy.

They are crazy and wild and not exactly beautiful, but they are historically significant and led to these:

mvc-010s.jpg

Which eventually led to:

1418090_lg.jpg

Any self-respecting gear head should at least know what a gasser Willys is and understand their significance.

They are crazy and wild and not exactly beautiful, but they are historically significant and led to these:

mvc-010s.jpg

Which eventually led to:

1418090_lg.jpg

Any self-respecting gear head should at least know what a gasser Willys is and understand their significance.

Ok. Same goes for the Yugo, Pinto and VW Thing. Yet they are all hideous, like the gasser look. Whomever wrecked that corvette above needs to have their eyes checked.

Sounds like you hate technology in cars are a restoration concours guy. I find that stale and unimaginative.

That Chevy coupe (55, maybe?) gasser looks pretty sick. I agree the 'vette is an abomination :laughing

I'd love to have a nice condition, stock WWII vintage Willys. They're a hoot to drive offroad!

Ok. Same goes for the Yugo, Pinto and VW Thing. Yet they are all hideous, like the gasser look. Whomever wrecked that corvette above needs to have their eyes checked.

Sounds like you hate technology in cars are a restoration concours guy. I find that stale and unimaginative.

Sounds like you have no idea WTF you're talking about. :laughing No, I don't hate tech, I just appreciate history, vintage drag cars, Kustoms, etc, etc, etc. Gassers are not pretty, I never claimed they were. But they are badass and that's what matters.

See that Brabus AMG E-class wagon I posted? Hi-tech, badass. Some slammed Willys pickup with an LS motor? Painted WHITE? Yuck. Doesn't work.

Sounds like you have no idea WTF you're talking about. :laughing No, I don't hate tech, I just appreciate history, vintage drag cars, Kustoms, etc, etc, etc. Gassers are not pretty, I never claimed they were. But they are badass and that's what matters.

See that Brabus AMG E-class wagon I posted? Hi-tech, badass. Some slammed Willys pickup with an LS motor? Painted WHITE? Yuck. Doesn't work.

You cant say I have no idea what I'm talking about just because you disagree with my opinion. That's a lazy way to have a debate. A street rod, hot rod, custom rod etc has no definition in style. I'm sorry you can appreciate the work involved in that Willys, continue posting original concours correct relics that are a dime a dozen and lack creativity :vomit

ratwillys2.jpg

hotrod-jeep.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are offended when someone else doesn't agree with their opinion. If we all liked the exact same thing, life we be boring!

Differing opinions are fine, just don't call me an anti-tech curmudgeon when I give my opinion. Not trying to make anyone like Gassers, just to not even fucking know a Willys gasser just makes me LOL so hard. :laughing Telling ME what's up? And not knowing one of the iconic hot rods of the ages? Srsly, just GTFO. :laughing

Ok, this is about cars that make your jaw drop. Sorry, the white truck doesn't do it for me.

West Coast Outlaws... make my jaw drop:

250mph doorslammer? Noice...

sonoma.jpg

Differing opinions are fine, just don't call me an anti-tech curmudgeon when I give my opinion. Not trying to make anyone like Gassers, just to not even fucking know a Willys gasser just makes me LOL so hard. :laughing Telling ME what's up? And not knowing one of the iconic hot rods of the ages? Srsly, just GTFO. :laughing

Ok, this is about cars that make your jaw drop. Sorry, the white truck doesn't do it for me.

West Coast Outlaws... make my jaw drop:

250mph doorslammer? Noice...

sonoma.jpg

That thing needs a bigger blower. I mean the guy can pretty much see where he's going. Straight old school ballers, don't need to see shit when they hit the lights...:laughing

Back