• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

? I never said that so I have no idea either.

just commenting on the obviously heavily retouched image. might as well be paint by numbers of the mona lisa.

Don't get that at all. What a POS swap compared to the seemingly endless possibilities. LSX with a power adder comes to mind.

jaws can drop for many reasons, good or bad. was just hypothesizing on the possibilities that might make a boring wagon jawdropping. my assumption is usually toward the negative on such creations.

I'm having trouble deciding if it's the interior or exterior that's ugliest

I'm loving the steering wheel with the popped airbag cover. :thumbup

At least it has Baer brakes and not shitty Willwoods.

Other than that, there's some serious turd polishing going on. I get doing a sleeper, but that thing just makes me vurp.

The new ZL1 is pretty bad ass
2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-022.jpg

That's awesome. 11 heat exchangers!

That's awesome. 11 heat exchangers!

Let's hope that those 11 heat exchangers and that huge ugly-ass grille will be better at shedding heat from motor than in the Z06. It's an utter failure as a track car.

I couldn't believe how small the heat exchanger on my CTS-V was it was about as thick as the width of your pointer finger. The new unit I put on is about as think as the width of your hand. While crushing my intake Temps are 10-15 over ambient. When getting on it for an extended pull through 2 to top of 4th intake Temps maxed out at 105. Ambient was 70 deg. With the V it aggressively pulls timing once Temps hit 140.
It's going to be expensive to upgrade all those exchangers if they stock units don't cut it.

I had to quote this because it is so perfect looking. Look up badass in the dictonary, this car is it. Maybe not jaw dropping, but perfectly badass.
It had me on CL looking for a 68 Charger to buy. I also couldn't find any more info on this build, anyone have links. My googlefu let me down and there are just lots of pintrest links of this pic.

Honestly, I fucking HATE the flat black. Flat black needs to die. It works on a T-bucket and maybe a '40's Flathead Harley bobber, but that's it.

I like that Charger, too.

I couldn't believe how small the heat exchanger on my CTS-V was it was about as thick as the width of your pointer finger. The new unit I put on is about as think as the width of your hand. While crushing my intake Temps are 10-15 over ambient. When getting on it for an extended pull through 2 to top of 4th intake Temps maxed out at 105. Ambient was 70 deg. With the V it aggressively pulls timing once Temps hit 140.
It's going to be expensive to upgrade all those exchangers if they stock units don't cut it.

I remember when I was working for Cadillac, I had to reseal the front of a STS-V motor (Northstar S/C). And that sonofbitch had a stack of around half a dozen exchangers in the way that made life an absolute pain in the ass. Can't imagine what it's like dealing with 11.

Guess I'll find out. Since I'm one of the handful of NSX technicians around here, I'll soon be dealing with that car's 10 heat exchangers.

Let's hope that those 11 heat exchangers and that huge ugly-ass grille will be better at shedding heat from motor than in the Z06. It's an utter failure as a track car.

Remember the standard C6, C5, C4, and so on were all bottom breathers. The C6Z had a somewhat enlarged front grille to try and make it a front breather. As you know, they could have done better. The engineers said they could have gotten the ZR1 to make more power, but they were out of room up front for any more space for thermal management.

C7 was cleansheet designed to flow air straight through the front grille. Plus they added those diff and trans coolers with those flow through fender vents on the back.

The very absolute best track Corvette just got announced. The 2017 Grand Sport. No supercharged LT4. But you can get all of the Z06's other performance enhancements including the carbon brakes and overkill aero kit.

aaetbl1dfpli0hwrxrwv.jpg

Legit carbon fiber wheels stock !? Seriously hope that become a "thing" soon.

Back