• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

It looks better with more of a chrome look.

Attachments

• Bimmer2.jpg
    Bimmer2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 71
Soo...

I have a 1968 VW Karmann Ghia that I've built into a pretty effective autocross car. But I've always fantasized about running a classic race chassis under it's body. I've worked with some vintage Formula cars, and some sports racers and always thought, "I can make this work"...

Well in my internet wanderings, what should I stumble across this weekend?
Pure Karmann Ghia awesomeness.

4606891167.jpg

2417788557_d376f02165.jpg

Now this was no blazing monster by any stretch, as it only ran a 1300cc 4banger. But I've no doubt it was more than just a little quick...

And power can always be made...
13zxq51.jpg

I can't even tell you how much I want to build this car!

As far as I could ascertain, the car still exists and the original owner still has it. The mold for the body even seems to still be around too

And while the Ghia is the car that caught my attention, the whole group, called "special saloons" were pretty fun looking.:thumbup
4606884835_803x460.jpg

tumblr_msvclrebne1r2dcdfo1_500.png

dfvw_hawker2.jpg

4604241941.jpg

That Gia is mocked up with 3 barrel downdrafts, sure that isn't a 6 cylinder Porsche engine?
I am on my phone so hard to get all the details off the engine.
DT

That Gia is mocked up with 3 barrel downdrafts, sure that isn't a 6 cylinder Porsche engine?
I am on my phone so hard to get all the details off the engine.
DT

That's not much of a VW/Gia anymore. Maybe that's what makes it cool.
:laughing

Back