• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I don't know if it doesn't. A very possible future collector car like ITR and NSX and being #1 carries a significant cache. I doubt this car will do anything other than sit in someone's collection and increase in price next time it sells.

More the price tag than the car that makes my jaws drop.

Never thought I would see a $200k Honduh Civic.

DSC_7417-1-e1496792586190-940x613.jpg

How about $50k? Because that's what dealers will be getting for Civic Type-Rs for at least the first year.

I personally think that's absurd. You can get a Focus RS for around the the money or maybe even less now which is a much better car.

How about $50k? Because that's what dealers will be getting for Civic Type-Rs for at least the first year.

I personally think that's absurd. You can get a Focus RS for around the the money or maybe even less now which is a much better car.

With a few factory tweaks you also get 350hp!
Not to mention awd and drift mode sucka!

More the price tag than the car that makes my jaws drop.

Never thought I would see a $200k Honduh Civic.

DSC_7417-1-e1496792586190-940x613.jpg

That is one ugly car. Honda's use of fake venting on the front and rear of their current cars make them look like characters of cars. Toy cars that you can find in the impulse aisle of a CVS drugstore, or a Dollar Store.

That is one ugly car. Honda's use of fake venting on the front and rear of their current cars make them look like characters of cars. Toy cars that you can find in the impulse aisle of a CVS drugstore, or a Dollar Store.

There's actually some functional ones on this car. Brake cooler ducts under the fog lights. And I am pretty sure that the opening to the side of the fog light is one of Honda's new things where it passes air through and spits it out in front of the wheelhouse and over the wheel face to reduce turbulence generated by the spinning wheel which increases the effectiveness of any aero pieces on the side of the car. Something they came up with for the NSX because of the need for airflow into the rear fenders for all the coolers back there.

The roof and rear bumper diffusers are functional as well.

I know, BFD it's on a Civic. But it's a Civic that will probably be able to do 165+mph.

The hood scoop on the other hand is pretty much bullshit. We can all see the intercooler is down low and up front.

Consider how well the resale has held up for ITR's due to their rarity. Doubt that will be true for any Focus.

Consider how well the resale has held up for ITR's due to their rarity. Doubt that will be true for any Focus.

ITR's were not rare at the time, what made them hold value was being the most stolen car in the world so people that have a real clean title one can ask hefty prices.

There is no shortage to B18c5 motors, just the rest of the car is the problem now lol

And then there's the Tacoma, the vehicle of choice for sportbiker bros. Sporting a fake hood scoop for at least 10 years now.

In the moto world we call them 'Bold New Graphics'. To each their own.

Last edited:
ITR's were not rare at the time, what made them hold value was being the most stolen car in the world so people that have a real clean title one can ask hefty prices.

There is no shortage to B18c5 motors, just the rest of the car is the problem now lol

There's a 2001 on CL right now asking $22.5k. Looks pretty stock and super clean. That's how to keep the value high...stock. That one has 100k miles on it, but it's still probably worth that money because it is unmolested. Just about every ITR that got sold at this point got modded into oblivion, wrecked, stolen, abused, or all of the above. It wasn't that hard to get a showroom stock ITR back when they were new, maybe you paid a little markup, but there was no wait lists a mile deep like there are for cars like the Ford GT, Raptor, or whatever. Finding one now that's even close to showroom condition is super duper rare.

And yeah, a clean ITR sells for way way more than a clean Focus SVT of the same era. That's because the ITR was pretty much the car all those "sport compact enthusiasts" *cough*ricers*cough* aspired to have back then.

Don't get me wrong, I have a 90% stock 00 Si that I mob around. It's painfully slow and it's honestly kinda dangerous because I have to rev the piss out of it and drive it in anger to do anything, part of the charm I guess . The ITR are cooler because they are fun and are just kinda slow lol.

They all are torqueless wonders.

I always thought those little SI Civics were pretty sporty. Light, ok power and good brakes.
Reliable as a freaking hammer as long as you changed the timing belt.

Back