• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I didn't know a Civic put out 306 HP. That explains the Civic that beat me in my RDX a few months back from a stoplight. Surprised the shit out of me how quick that thing got going.

Battery cooling? The engine bay is that crammed and poorly cooled?

If the industry has learned one thing from the boom of EVs(just in case the EEs on all of the manufacturers' payrolls haven't already been telling them), battery performance and durability has quite a bit to do with temperature.

More and more electronics come in cars, so a reliable and stable battery is important.

Manufacturers are tired of having to warranty batteries. So I'm. Sure committees were formed to determine if it's more cost effective to come up with better thermal management for the battery or continue to pay out an absurd amount of claims.

So now we have batteries that have a thermal blanket wrapped around them for cold mitigation...stuffed into a box with an exhaust fan and an intake tube to keep it from getting too hot.

I didn't know a Civic put out 306 HP. That explains the Civic that beat me in my RDX a few months back from a stoplight. Surprised the shit out of me how quick that thing got going.

Type-R isn't on sale yet so you didn't get beat by one of those.

But there are still plenty of modded Civics out there putting down that kinda power.

If the industry has learned one thing from the boom of EVs(just in case the EEs on all of the manufacturers' payrolls haven't already been telling them), battery performance and durability has quite a bit to do with temperature.

More and more electronics come in cars, so a reliable and stable battery is important.

Manufacturers are tired of having to warranty batteries. So I'm. Sure committees were formed to determine if it's more cost effective to come up with better thermal management for the battery or continue to pay out an absurd amount of claims.

So now we have batteries that have a thermal blanket wrapped around them for cold mitigation...stuffed into a box with an exhaust fan and an intake tube to keep it from getting too hot.

Even better, they should bake a metal grid into the battery, kinda like a heat sink. Then until the aftermarket duplicates it, they'd have a captive market for replacements. "Only OEM offers R-spec battery performance" lol

Last edited:
Type-R isn't on sale yet so you didn't get beat by one of those.

But there are still plenty of modded Civics out there putting down that kinda power.

If you can get that type of performance out of a civic then that 3.5 liter 6 with a stock 275 hp should turn out impressive numbers if modded to the same degree.

If you can get that type of performance out of a civic then that 3.5 liter 6 with a stock 275 hp should turn out impressive numbers if modded to the same degree.

Lots of folks claim they are getting better than 500hp on FI 350z 3.5 without much trouble. I hear most of the issues come about cause the rest of the drive train isn't spec'd for that much and transmissions start to break.

Ooh look at this one!

tiuningas15.jpg

Well we do have a 3.5 V6tt that makes 500hp.

Combines Walter Whites two favorite vehicles.

Back