• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I keep making the mistake of looking at new posts in this thread, and actually hoping for something jaw dropping, but it has been a long time since this thread was on topic.

Dodge Ram 500 Brat Edition
That's weird.

I wanted a Subaru Brat so bad when I was a kid.

Brat14-1024x573.jpg

Last edited:
I keep making the mistake of looking at new posts in this thread, and actually hoping for something jaw dropping, but it has been a long time since this thread was on topic.

It's becoming "Cars that make you want to :green"

Hey thanks for posting pics. You're really turning the thread around. :p

C72E3C38-8E21-444D-B345-1479834CC289_1.jpg

Maybe...that JPS livery is still one of favorite of all time. I've fantasized about applying something similar to my CBR.

Maybe...that JPS livery is still one of favorite of all time. I've fantasized about applying something similar to my CBR.

That is a good looking set of graphics.

I've always been a little infatuated with the Tyrrell P34 from the mid-70's. It was so different. I think the first time I saw one of these (on TV) the lollipop fell right out of my mouth.

tyrrell-p34-016.jpg

I've always been a little infatuated with the Tyrrell P34 from the mid-70's. It was so different. I think the first time I saw one of these (on TV) the lollipop fell right out of my mouth.

There is one on display at Canepa's museum in Scotts Valley. Open during business hours, and free entry.

I too love that car.

Dat color scheme dough...

One my best friends bought one of those Trans-Ams in the mid 1980s when we were just out of high school. I drove it home for him and, yes, I was wearing a Member's Only jacket that day. :laughing Those f-bodies were nice driving cars for the time. Hated that color scheme for years but now back to liking it.

Last edited:
The Canepa showroom is a gem ain't it?

It's fantastic, but the workshop is my favorite.

Last year during a C&C I got a chance to speak with one of their engine builders. He was rebuilding a flat 12 from a Porsche 917. He told me that he was one of the original engine builders for the same engine / cars when he was much younger. He brought me and a friend over to his bench and pulled out his handwritten notes that he wrote in his 20's. After a while I was speechless as we listened to him speak about the engine, the cars, etc.

The craftsmen that they employ as so good and so passionate. I think I could only get a job there pushing a broom.

Baller!

Attachments

• IMG_20180125_154827.jpg
    IMG_20180125_154827.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 59
I even like the little bits of red interspersed though it would have been better to go with black mirror backs.

Back