• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

But they wanna be up high so they can "see". :rolleyes

I would throw in that because so many of our roads are crappy the Crossover with higher ground clearance has become the current station wagon.

Look at the wagons that are sold here in any numbers: the Subaru Outback, the Audi All Road, the Volvo Cross Country... all raised to some extent.

4 door trucks are prob taking a lot of the wagon marketshare

Yeah at half the MPGs. :nchantr

It sucks there are no cool affordable wagons anymore. I'd love an older model Volvo V70R.

Last edited:
But they wanna be up high so they can "see". :rolleyes

The reasons I've heard for the popularity of crossovers was not so much to "see" rather to "be seen." I prefer wagons but I understand this line of thinking when there are so many (nearly) three ton family vehicles on the road.

Back on topic: These XK 120 racers. (drool)

9_285_13.jpg

Seen on the freeway:

Edited to add that I still have no idea why the board software turns photos uploaded from a phone sideways...

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Is that a 4WD Mitsubishi van?

4 door trucks are prob taking a lot of the wagon marketshare

If you forget that the Minivan was the direct successor to the Station Wagon. Wagons went out of vogue because Detroit felt the need to add fake wood paneling to the side and convinced Moms everywhere that's what they wanted. except nobody wanted them. Minivans was the stake through the heart.

Minivans are still the choice of Moms.
4 Door trucks for Dad.

The vast majority of moms I see are driving mid or full sized SUVs

The vast majority of moms I see are driving mid or full sized SUVs

I agree. I think any mom that's driving a minivan is doing so because their husband said that's what they can afford, as cold as that sounds. I have 5 females in my family, moms and soon to be moms, and none of them would be caught dead in a minivan. They're buying used SUVs for more than new minivans :laughing

I personally plan on buying the new Chrysler Pacifica (minivan) once I buy a new house. The minivan checks off 9/10 of the boxes for me. It's purely a decision based on function. If it were really up to me, I'd be buying this rig below....but gas would suck, can't park it, no parking garages etc and the limited time I'd 4 wheel it wouldn't makes sense.

smb-hm-slider-mb-sprinter-4x4.jpg

Last edited:
That Ferrari's a beaut, but lately I'm all about Alfa Romeos

open-42.jpg

Tipo 33 Stradale

This is the REAL exotica!
:laughing

Attachments

• Coyote_024.jpg
    Coyote_024.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 91
You're ugly as phuck! :x

Those things are gorgeous. That Jag up a few posts back... 10/10, would definitely bang.

Yea, i saw an alfa 33 in Emeryville at an exotic showroom a few years ago. It gave me goosebumps. Top 10 best shapes ever, maybe top 5. I think to say its ugly means you've never seen one, or probably perfer the look of modern minivans. Or both.

:laughing

For more realism shouldn't that video game show crowds of Italians blowing up lawn mower engines on on the hill sides of Mugello?

Back