• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

69895a2e0b7779892e74e9ae29550b5a.jpg

I was thinking the Turbo versus the 911R.

Anyways. If we drop all the hybrid crap, that’ll probably shed 6-700 pounds. Plus further lightweight stuff like swapping all the body panels for carbon, manual seats, A/C delete, etc, and we get the curb weight down to 3100. Plus, since it’s actually a Cossie under the hatch back there, we ramp up the boost (because the 16psi the snails are pushing now is pretty tame) and get the output over 600. Put a big giant sandwich table wing on the back (made of carbon as well of course) and maybe side dive planes up front. And we’ll call it.....Type-R! MSRP-$250k. Bet we’d sell more than the standard car.

It'd also make for a better car.

The 175-250k market is mainly made of "purists" and enthusiasts who want a light fast car for track duty or atleast claim what it could do at a track.

You see a lot of McLarens at track days now. A lot. The NSX could slot into that desirability with your proposed car above.

NZ home built rally car.

[youtube]lMAR9mBFN4c[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/dqZ9_yGgFEc

This guy has made a few of these from scratch. I think hes an ex pro skateboarder, but i love what he does with aluminum.

If someone wants to embed....

Edit - do NOT have an accident in that thing!

Last edited:
embed

[youtube]dqZ9_yGgFEc[/youtube]

:thumbup This one is really cool.

[youtube]p_pTll87Lzc[/youtube]

Last edited:
I do have to admit that I fantasize about building an ultra4 level toy.
(this has a lot of talking... and then some simple epic big block powered hooning)

[youtube]LQ5StekMJz8[/youtube]

Back