• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Nothing makes my jaw drop anymore. .

You seem to have touched a nerve with a few folks here, me included, with this comment. Its funny to me because I have noticed myself feeling the same way about the mechanical things; motorcycles, cars, trucks, jests, WWII piston engine aircraft, that used to make me ga-ga.

I think it is from working in a machine shop and making things on a regular basis. Its getting harder and harder for me to look at a whole thing and see it as anything more than a collection of parts and manufacturing techniques. Its been awhile since a machine has seemed like more than that to me. Someone said it before but its the details now that are interesting.

now those are some nice headlights!! wow what mazda is that?
never seen it

It's a concept car using a 3 rotor (basically an updated 20b) engine called the Furai. Sadly Mazda might not be making it, thing only gets 4mpg on natural gas :laughing plus it'll be very expensive, although I believe they did use race it around the Nuremberg before.

Last edited:
61'Ferrari California Speacial! Sold for $10.9 million.

Attachments

• 180508-a-rm_opt.jpg
    180508-a-rm_opt.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
ahh shit, I'm out of it today. Screw it, it's staying as is, let a mod change it if they want.

My jaw dropped when I first saw this car sitting in my friend’s garage, uncovered, in nasty shape and had not been started for over 5 years. I changed every fluid, hose, filter and did a full tune up on it, had to take 000 steel wool to every piece of chrome and three coats of wax to get it into this condition.

It's a 1930 model a deluxe convertible with a 65 corvette 327 that’s been bored over and has a stage 2 cam, full chevy drive train, custom rims.... It was her fathers until he passed…

Definitely the most cherry model A I’ve seen.

Attachments

• Model a 2.jpg
    Model a 2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 132
  • model a 1.jpg
    model a 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Model a motor.jpg
    Model a motor.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 119
My jaw dropped when I first saw this car sitting in my friend’s garage, uncovered, in nasty shape and had not been started for over 5 years. I changed every fluid, hose, filter and did a full tune up on it, had to take 000 steel wool to every piece of chrome and three coats of wax to get it into this condition.

It's a 1930 model a deluxe convertible with a 65 corvette 327 that’s been bored over and has a stage 2 cam, full chevy drive train, custom rims.... It was her fathers until he passed…

Definitely the most cherry model A I’ve seen.

very nice, although why put a Chevy engine in a Ford? still nice, and I say swap the engine out for an Ls9 engine :teeth

I can't believe that I didn't see the Enzo!!

The Aston Martin DBS is my personal favorite car. I love the lines. It makes me drool more then any other car posted here (except, may be the one 77).

The Scuba car needs no additional explanation

Attachments

• racecar-ferrari-enzo.jpg
    racecar-ferrari-enzo.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 116
  • aston-martin-dbs-2008-725730.jpg
    aston-martin-dbs-2008-725730.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 117
  • squba-a9-580.jpg
    squba-a9-580.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 122
very nice, although why put a Chevy engine in a Ford? still nice, and I say swap the engine out for an Ls9 engine :teeth

Cause they wanted it to run and not always break down...:teeth. I'm a chevy guy myself, so i was stoked to see it sitting in there. Best of both worlds, classic model A styling with a nice corvette motor (even has the camel hump heads)

It's got a turbo 350 w/ a shift kit behind the 327 and a chevy nova rear end w/ 4:11 pozi and quick change gears.

Cause they wanted it to run and not always break down...:teeth. I'm a chevy guy myself, so i was stoked to see it sitting in there. Best of both worlds, classic model A styling with a nice corvette motor (even has the camel hump heads)

It's got a turbo 350 w/ a shift kit behind the 327 and a chevy nova rear end w/ 4:11 pozi and quick change gears.

:laughing that's a good reason, and damn, curious, but did they ever do a 1/4 in it, would love to know the time it gets

For a long time, late model Ford engines were too tough to put into streetroads. The oil pump, it's pickup and the 'sump' part of the oilpan were in a bad place, the front of the engine. The Chevy blocks, both small and big, placed the sump towards the rear of the engine. This made it easier for them to clear the steering and front crossmember setups in a much larger range of vehicles.

Decades later,(around the late '80's/early '90's) the aftermarket finally mass produced workable solutions, and many were finally able to put a Ford in their Ford. I remember going to 'Goodguys' shows and if you saw ANYTHING besides a small/big block chevy, or a flathead, it was a pretty crazy custom.

OK. :twofinger What kind of car is this? Made my jaw drop.

It is a taxi... has the front end off of a small cc motorcycle with a "van" body. Dangerous things to ride is as they are slow, unsteady and cannot stop for shit.

Similar to this...

Attachments

• 454867084_4fd3ca2949.jpg
    454867084_4fd3ca2949.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
It is a taxi... has the front end off of a small cc motorcycle with a "van" body. Dangerous things to ride is as they are slow, unsteady and cannot stop for shit.

Similar to this...

Hahahahahahahah linky to Rydther Rally last week and then there's this one from the meet-up in Lib'mo

3968534271_29567d237a.jpg

How are they different from Harley or Goldwing trikes- or are they also slow, unsteady and cannot stop?? They're huge cogs in the economy in other parts of the world. I've ridden in/on them in a couple of different countries and had no concerns about my safety.

From my trip to Laos:
2603013756_ede67fe41d.jpg

Back