• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

For a long time, late model Ford engines were too tough to put into streetroads. The oil pump, it's pickup and the 'sump' part of the oilpan were in a bad place, the front of the engine. The Chevy blocks, both small and big, placed the sump towards the rear of the engine. This made it easier for them to clear the steering and front crossmember setups in a much larger range of vehicles.

Decades later,(around the late '80's/early '90's) the aftermarket finally mass produced workable solutions, and many were finally able to put a Ford in their Ford. I remember going to 'Goodguys' shows and if you saw ANYTHING besides a small/big block chevy, or a flathead, it was a pretty crazy custom.

hmm, i never knew that. Learn something new everyday. :teeth

The car was built during the late 70's, so that makes total sense.

I remember going to 'Goodguys' shows and if you saw ANYTHING besides a small/big block chevy, or a flathead, it was a pretty crazy custom.

That's why Billetproof is such a better show.

3929842532_94c73e5137_b.jpg

do we need a separate 'transplant' thread?

I love engine swaps and such, but when I saw this in a '69 Camaro trunk, my jaw dropped. I axed the kid what it was, and where he got it, and he said "mom had a 7-series..."

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 130
I love engine swaps and such, but when I saw this in a '69 Camaro trunk, my jaw dropped. I axed the kid what it was, and where he got it, and he said "mom had a 7-series..."

he didn't swap a 7 series BMW suspension into a 69 Camaro....did he?

Yep, That's Steven Goldine's car. Great kid. His dad is a national champion SCCA auto-X'er, and this was his idea for a great handling Camaro. Steven is no slouch on the course either.

This is what they drive for the SCCA solo... (my old shop built the engine)
IMG_0178.jpg

Damn, you guys wanna fix my 03 malibu, I want it converted to rear wheel drive, manual, and with a v8 in it, or something with alot of power, make it the ultimate commuter car...or one that goes really fast, and has excellent handling...:teeth

I would have never liked these but my Dad's been working on one since I was born. A green '72 Xke v-12. Looks just like this but he has 6 2-barrel webbers and ceramic headers. Not many like the long front end.

72_Jagauar_XKE_DV_06-BC_01.jpg

72_Jagauar_XKE_DV_06-BC_i01.jpg

72_Jagauar_XKE_DV_06-BC_e01.jpg

:laughing that's a good reason, and damn, curious, but did they ever do a 1/4 in it, would love to know the time it gets

No, they never took it down to the strip but i am planning on talkign her into it next summer. It lights the tires without much problem and sqeals into 2nd so it should be pretty decent. The car is just light as hell.

I'd estimate it would get mid 10's maybe?

top gear had a robin race or was it 5th gear? can't remember but hilarity ensued.

few seasons back.

Back