• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

No... the AJ-V8 engines are Jaguar designed and built

i have a V8s (becoming increasingly rare as most you will see out there are V6 powered) and interestingly there are zero mechanical differences in the engines between the S (495hp) R (550hp) and SVR (575hp) its purely all down to the tune loaded to the ECU.

lots of articles written state that the V6 is the best drivers car as it has the best balance of handling and power... i would probably agree. the V8 easily overwhelms the car and i rarely get to use full throttle BUT.... that V8 and the exhaust note make having the V8 well worth it and once out of CPO i will probably load the higher power maps just for the hell of it!

Do you have the RWD? The AWD solved most of those problems. Ditching the stick rubber solved the rest.

But the V6 and I4? Wouldn't doubt they're from Ford, as they have Ecoboost engines with similar power. Why build something from scratch when you can just buy it lol.
I'm not sure. I haven't cared enough to check. It's the same drivetrain that you find in Range Rovers, though.

Yes good point. LR gets their I4 from Ford, so I would assume this is the same I4 in the Jag.

Do you have the RWD? The AWD solved most of those problems. Ditching the stick rubber solved the rest.

RWD V8s... put new rubber on it (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S) which has transformed the handling and grip levels :teeth

Baller

Attachments

• IMG_20181114_185854.jpg
    IMG_20181114_185854.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 136
RWD V8s... put new rubber on it (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S) which has transformed the handling and grip levels :teeth

Hold on to that car. The RWD V8s are the last of an era...and in years time will be the desirable ones. I went AWD because of the too sketchy nature of the RWD and then learned that the biggest problem was the P-Zeros. I'm not complaining as I do love my AWD R, but the RWD V8 speaks to my hooligan side...

HIJACK - I've been mildly started looking into setting up an F-Type event in NorCal. You interested?

Hold on to that car. The RWD V8s are the last of an era...and in years time will be the desirable ones. I went AWD because of the too sketchy nature of the RWD and then learned that the biggest problem was the P-Zeros. I'm not complaining as I do love my AWD R, but the RWD V8 speaks to my hooligan side...

HIJACK - I've been mildly started looking into setting up an F-Type event in NorCal. You interested?

ahhh so you are the same eeeeek from the Jag forums.. i did wonder.. lol

PM your way :thumbup

How long will those shocks last, 3-4 months?

I'm wondering how much gap there'd be fully stuffed, because those shocks can't eat up all that space.

Was looking for a front driveshaft and steering shaft, but nothing, so it's a full hydro 2wd. Maybe something temporary they did just for fun.

The White Collection...

https://youtu.be/AMErTBsvTOw

(Mods may embed if they like)

You can do it too. Just use this button
yt-icon.gif
and place the text after the last slash inside. In your case it's just this: AMErTBsvTOw

[ YOUTUBE ]place that info here[ /YOUTUBE ]

Without the spaces between the brackets.

Back