• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

My dream car

mercedes-amg-gt-s-mansory-blue-5.jpg

I'd actually take a 2017 or 2018 stock version over that blue one. But the blue one is more visually impressive on initial seeing.

Looks too much like a BMW color (Laguna Seca Blue).

I'm not too keen on solid non-metallic colors. Makes it look like a toy rather than a car. Since after all, toys are usually painted with solid glossy colors rather than metallics.

Last edited:
I a bit torn on the AMG. The hood seems soooo long, a little like the Viper in proportions. Im certain that lots of supercars are of less quality, but id love to see what Mecedes would do to a mid engined car. Yes, i know they have a new hyper car with essentially F1 components, but I might never see one. Im not sure anyones even driven one other that factory drivers.

Wouldn't be a Mercedes is it weren't front engine/rear wheel drive.

Wow, I thought those cars were V8 only

Who would want a 4 in such a heavy car. Don't care how much HP it puts out, the step-off is going to have some lag. Which is the reason I didn't buy a GTI despite the claims that it had great low-end torque

Wow, I thought those cars were V8 only

Who would want a 4 in such a heavy car. Don't care how much HP it puts out, the step-off is going to have some lag. Which is the reason I didn't buy a GTI despite the claims that it had great low-end torque

I suspect it's for a few reasons, including upping the MPG numbers and lowering the entry price.

The V8 only comes in the R and the SVR (in the beginning, you could get it as an option for the S). Standard was a 340 hp supercharged V6, options include a 380HP and 400 HP version. The 8 is 550HP in the R and 575HP in the SVR.

The 4 came out a couple of years ago and has been a slow seller in the US, but does better in Europe. I've seen lease deals for the 4 at well under $500 a month ($375 was the best I saw). It's actually not a bad car with pretty good performance, but it lacks the grunt and the amazing sounds of the bigger engines.

The easy way to tell them all apart is look at the rear. One oval shaped exhaust pipe in the middle is a four. Twin exhaust pipes in the middle of the rear is a six and quad exhaust pipes, 2 on each side, is the V8. Of course, like everything else in the world, there are people that put twins on the four or swap the 6 exhaust for the 8.

Last edited:
I suspect it's for a few reasons, including upping the MPG numbers and lowering the entry price.

The V8 only comes in the R and the SVR (in the beginning, you could get it as an option for the S). Standard was a 340 hp supercharged V6, options include a 380HP and 400 HP version. The 8 is 550HP in the R and 575HP in the SVR.

The 4 came out a couple of years ago and has been a slow seller in the US, but does better in Europe. I've seen lease deals for the 4 at well under $500 a month ($375 was the best I saw). It's actually not a bad car with pretty good performance, but it lacks the grunt and the amazing sounds of the bigger engines.

The easy way to tell them all apart is look at the rear. One oval shaped exhaust pipe in the middle is a four. Twin exhaust pipes in the middle of the rear is a six and quad exhaust pipes, 2 on each side, is the V8. Of course, like everything else in the world, there are people that put twins on the four or swap the 6 exhaust for the 8.

Thanks, good info. Who are they getting those engines from, Ford?

Thanks, good info. Who are they getting those engines from, Ford?

No... the AJ-V8 engines are Jaguar designed and built

i have a V8s (becoming increasingly rare as most you will see out there are V6 powered) and interestingly there are zero mechanical differences in the engines between the S (495hp) R (550hp) and SVR (575hp) its purely all down to the tune loaded to the ECU.

lots of articles written state that the V6 is the best drivers car as it has the best balance of handling and power... i would probably agree. the V8 easily overwhelms the car and i rarely get to use full throttle BUT.... that V8 and the exhaust note make having the V8 well worth it and once out of CPO i will probably load the higher power maps just for the hell of it!

Back