• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

:wtf:dunno

[YOUTUBE]AMErTBsvTOw[/YOUTUBE]

Only werdo germans would have an absolutely white building with white walls, white ceiling, white floors, white furniture and a white cabinet full of colorfull posters. That is some bizzar shit.

Unless they're NOT german, and their name is White.

dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzamn that porsche collection

mirrors my 1/18 scale models i had in HS

LOL

[YOUTUBE]9F2FMIzXw5M[YOUTUBE]

Not a car, but i think this is the right place for this vid. Titanium 3D printed multi-piece wheels...like nothing ive ever seen before!:wow

1st embed serious fail...

https://youtu.be/9F2FMIzXw5M

Last edited:
You just need the slash inside the second set of brackets. [/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]/9F2FMIzXw5M[/YOUTUBE]

The pieces interlace with themselves. I would love to see how stresses are distributed thru that lattice, what the strenth is compared to forged, and what final weight is and compared to forged.

Last edited:
Congrats on the embed!

I've seen pics of that rim and really was impressed with the tech. Now is great to see the video of its creation.

Congrats on the embed!

I've seen pics of that rim and really was impressed with the tech. Now is great to see the video of its creation.

Apperently you CAN teach monkeys how to work a computer! Abundant patience is needed.

:ape

Nice looking wheels.

What is "additive"?

From context, I infer that the basic material in this example is titanium powder. But instead of the old-school powdered metallurgy process, applying heat and pressure, it is "additively" layered and melted to form the desired shape.

Do traditional concerns like crystal structure and porosity even apply? Is post-forming heat treatment required? Is it machinable? Back in the Fred Flintstone days, a critical casting or forging would be x-rayed before machining. Is x-ray inspection even feasible in a design like that wheel?

I spent a lot of years in manufacturing but haven't kept up. And I don't know squat about titanium.

"Additive" is kind of a generic term these days for this type of manufacturing process. Milling and machining is currently known as a "subtractive" process.

Additive applies to the plastics used in 3D printing machines as well. So it's not a materials specific term.

HRE has always been one of the world's best wheel companies. Unfortunately most people buy cheap shit.

I'm curious if HRE has done any destructive testing on these wheels.

GE has been making turbine blades, using 3D printing, for a while now. Titanium of course. Their website has some good info.

Back