• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

UAE sand dune hill climb hot rods.

Stay tuned to at least the 3 minute mark.

[youtube]uEY49uRW69Q[/youtube]

Last edited:
UAE sand dune hill climb hot rods.

Stay tuned to at least the 3 minute mark.

[youtube]uEY49uRW69Q[/youtube]

They have such crazy stuff in the UAE. Their RC plane scene (if that's such a thing) is crazy.

Just watched the 1st episode and part of the second to see how the young girl netted out. I felt bad for her but still, major props.

That Froggie drives the FUCK out of that old Charger.

I liked suicide doors and sexier lines on the Taycan concept. As usual reality set in so I'm still not sure my jaw will drop.

Concept

porsche-taygan-concept.jpg

Reality. $150,000+ of reality.

porsche-taycan-production-render-1aa.jpg

2020-porsche-taycan-spied-in-shanghai.jpg

As I said a page or two ago with the Acura Type-S concept, rarely does concept become reality. Concepts always have most of if not all the following. Exaggerated styling lines, way too big wheels with no fender gaps so pretty much no suspension travel, no or very low profile mirrors, bumpers that will never pass DOT standards because there’s no impact bar or it’s way too low, no wipers, expensive paint jobs, chopped roofs...and that’s just the exterior.

Very few cars wind up with a production model that’s very close to the original concept. Last one I can think of is the Lexus LC500. Everytime I see one on the road it looks like a concept car, but nope that’s a real car. The original Dodge Viper was another concept to reality car.

But most cars get so neutered from their concepts, it makes you wonder how executives still sign off on these things. The original Chevy Volt prototype was actually really cool looking. After all the changes mandated by DOT standards, wind tunnel testing, and GM bean counters, the thing wound up looking only marginally better than a Prius.

Taycan loses to the Tesla S in 0-60, range and price. Charges faster, though. From 5% to 85% in 23 minutes @ 270 kilowatts.

Taycan loses to the Tesla S in 0-60, range and price. Charges faster, though. From 5% to 85% in 23 minutes @ 270 kilowatts.

Has anyone actually tested it or is everyone going on mfg data? Porsche consistently underrates the acceleration times on their cars.

Looks like no headroom in the back. If you're going to make a 4 door sedan make the damn thing useful for carrying 4 adults.

Looks like no headroom in the back. If you're going to make a 4 door sedan make the damn thing useful for carrying 4 adults.

Zero to 60 in less than 3, and you're worried about how comfortable the back adults will be. Right.

If zero to 60 was top priority I'd get a motorcycle or a GT2RS.
Since comfort doesn't matter why not just remove the back seats and AC to make it even quicker to 60

If zero to 60 was top priority I'd get a motorcycle or a GT2RS.
Since comfort doesn't matter why not just remove the back seats and AC to make it even quicker to 60

Unusable back seats are for lower insurance rates.

Why bother with a sedan if you don't care about passenger room.
Low zero to 60 time is great but it takes a back seat to comfort.

Back