• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Lexus is doing the same thing with their giant hourglass slab thing.

Lexus is doing the same thing with their giant hourglass slab thing.

2020-Lexus-RC-500-Design.png

You say that, but look at what BMW is coming out with for their concepts:

bmw_concept_4_at_frankfurt_3.jpg

I was looking at that last night on the bmw forums.

I love the G22 interior vs the outgoing F32. But good god that front is not doing it for me.

And wtf with removing any covers over the front LED lights? Immediately made me go “welp, that first rock that takes out a headlight is gonna be expensive...”

Grill needs to be 1/2 the size and more in line with the new 3 series - though even that one is a “mehhhhhh”.

Again guys...concept. Concepts for upcoming models are the automotive equivalent of getting a caricature done of yourself at the county fair. Things we don’t like to see are downplayed, like mirrors, fender to tire gap, and DOT approved lighting. Styling features get exaggerated.

When the new 4 series does come out, expect the ginormous grille to shrink a bit. Though if you look at the new 7 series and X7, BMW seems to want to be turning the dial up on grille size. And that bumper shape will change a bit for pedestrian impact standards.

I'm sure that grill size across all the manufacturers is partially driven by European regulations regarding pedestrian crash / impact protection. The front of vehicles are getting taller and the designers have more surface area to work with.

Again guys...concept. Concepts for upcoming models are the automotive equivalent of getting a caricature done of yourself at the county fair. Things we don’t like to see are downplayed, like mirrors, fender to tire gap, and DOT approved lighting. Styling features get exaggerated.

When the new 4 series does come out, expect the ginormous grille to shrink a bit. Though if you look at the new 7 series and X7, BMW seems to want to be turning the dial up on grille size. And that bumper shape will change a bit for pedestrian impact standards.

You are right, concepts are 'here's what we would do if not for rules and crash regulations. The end result will look kinda like this but probably not as cool'

However, that means the direction BMW wants to go is that ugly, massive grill, whatever.

I'm sure that grill size across all the manufacturers is partially driven by European regulations regarding pedestrian crash / impact protection. The front of vehicles are getting taller and the designers have more surface area to work with.

Probably why more short people are getting run over.

Dakar Trucks

Some bloopers.

[youtube]vVstIcrjhy0[/youtube]

While the general silhouette of a mid engine car looks pretty much the same, having seen everything in person, I assure you that it's pretty far from the Ford or the Acura. Much closer to a Ferrari if anything.

Back