• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Goodwood Revival is this weekend. Live stream looping on YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]SA6Ki8b0Ul8[/YOUTUBE]

2020-Lexus-RC-500-Design.png

This is a hot looking car.

Top fuel motor in a ProMod chassis.

Hold my beer before the sonic boom makes it all fizzy.

[youtube]ZzjeqChZQMQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
I can’t believe that mechanic was wrenching on that thing without earplugs while it was running. It made my ears hurt through my iPhone speakers at like 20% volume.

I can’t believe that mechanic was wrenching on that thing without earplugs while it was running. It made my ears hurt through my iPhone speakers at like 20% volume.

"WHAT???!?!!?!?!!!!""

Should I be surprised that a pro mod chassis can handle top fuel horsepower? Because I am. I don't know much about drag racing though.

Should I be surprised that a pro mod chassis can handle top fuel horsepower? Because I am. I don't know much about drag racing though.

Did it though?

I think the real test would be putting the power through the chassis to the ground. I wouldn’t think spinning the tires up out of the box creates much stress on the chassis.

Don't get how people can be so careless about their hearing. Must be a macho thing.

Did it though?

I think the real test would be putting the power through the chassis to the ground. I wouldn’t think spinning the tires up out of the box creates much stress on the chassis.

From what I have seen over the years him blowing the tires off like that is mostly due to the clutch tuning being wrong (grabbing too hard too soon). If you have ever watched the slomo of a top fuel car taking off there is always a ton of dust coming from the back of the car due to the clutch slipping. They tear up the clutch on every run and have to replace most of the steels and friction discs each time they tear it apart. It's also very possible that the track just wasn't prepped to handle that much power.

It was probably a combination of both as to why he blew the tires off like that.

Don't get how people can be so careless about their hearing. Must be a macho thing.

Must be a stupid thing...Although, I can't talk that much, because I wear safety glasses only about 70% time I should.

Make your jaw drop is taking on new meaning with some of these additions to the thread.
Dude could have had a nice car from the money he spent of that. He'd likely get $3K-$4K if he put that on the market.

Back