• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

TF is in the 11,000hp range last time I checked. All calculated as no dyno could possibly handle that power.

thats what torductors are for. someone created one large enough and measured the torque output of TF during a run. there are some YT vids on it somewhere. if im not mistaken, the tech is the same as what GP uses to measure torque output on track.

What’s better than one ZR1 laying down a patch?
0dMkBXC.jpg

Well two of them of course!
EqvRGQz.jpg

Spent some time in Calistoga's library, reading up on local news (fire). Ran across an ad, with this car featured.
I'm leaving the library, and there it was, live & in person, across the street.
It does have fins, but I don't know the year.

PS Calistoga's library has float glass windows.

Last edited:
Ten more days 'til the release of Ford vs. Ferrari.

2nd trailer is worse than the first but I'll still go see the movie.

[youtube]I3h9Z89U9ZA[/youtube]

it isn't the style so much as the model of vehicle. i saw this recently and "wtf is that?!?"
rod-authoritys-best-of-sema-2018-el-chappo-by-river-city-rods-2018-11-06_01-41-53_207684-e1541521137846-960x537.jpg

for i've seen centurion conversions on 1990s ford trucks, essentially making a giant OJ era bronco but never something of this older vintage... you see i have a 1967 F100 that has been in the family since new and with kids and stuff it'll never be a family hauler and i can't really ever get rid of it (nor do i want to)

so the above is a Ford B100. something of a unicorn in the US because it was a Mexico only model and if i'm reading this jalopnik article correctly, every one of them was essentially coach built by a 3rd party body shop with ford's blessing. i'm a bit of a Werid Car Connoisseur so just learning of these now is a bit of a jaw dropper.

fukkin cool.
https://jalopnik.com/the-mexican-market-ford-b-100-is-the-three-door-ford-f-1825191099

Wow, had no idea this existed. I've always loved seeing Centurions in the wild, but decent ones are even more rare these days. Still see the occasional pos rolling around. I suppose one could try to make a van/truck hybrid.

Lowering always seemed like the dumbest thing to me. What's the origin and the point.

Well in this case it is purely for attention. But the point to lowering most cars, is for handling. It normally involves lower center of gravity, stiffer springs and less sway. It can greatly improve handling in average cars. The issue is, it also normally involves a harsher ride when not done properly. Unfortunately doing it properly involves a lot more cash than doing it the easy way.

Lowering always seemed like the dumbest thing to me. What's the origin and the point.

show cars aside, lots of factory trucks are considerably taller than they really need to be, especially since so many barely carry a gallon of milk, let alone the 1k+ lbs they're capable of. might as well lower it to make loading the milk easier.

a lowered mini truck has thus far been the best* moto hauler i've had.

*easiest to load anyway

Ten more days 'til the release of Ford vs. Ferrari.

2nd trailer is worse than the first but I'll still go see the movie.

[youtube]I3h9Z89U9ZA[/youtube]

That Carroll Shelby was WICKED SMAAAHHHT!!!

I'm trying to think of a more appropriate actor than Damon... Macconaghey is too good looking, and Shelby had that booming drawl and was on the tall side in his prime (I saw him at a couple Concours in the 80's, and he was taller than Jackie Stewart...), but I'm not coming up with any of today's actor/stars.

Saw one of these in person over the weekend. I checked out the Petersen Auto Museum and did the Vault Tour. It is $44 but it was worth the 90min tour and getting to see a selection of cars that often don't get any daylight. Photography isn't allowed down there.

I learned that after the Ford Gt won, whoever is in charge of lemans changed the rules and making the ford gt 1" too wide to compete.

2017-ford-gt-first-drive.jpg

Also saw this round door Rolls Royce that had a crazy history. I linked it.

01037535b8acfb9a0b6d6acfb850ccf8.jpg

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/02/driving-mrs-dillman-tale-round-door-rolls-royce/

Back