• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

It may not be really jaw dropping, but it is an awakening for me. I've worked in and around the racing/performance car market since the mid '90s. That said, all of my cars have been fairly basic transportation. BMW gives us loaner cars for development, and general use. I've been driving this since yesterday. It's pretty amazing for what it is. I should know what the tune is before talking about it, but I'm not a sales guy. It's around 450 HP and almost 500 lb ft. This is a fun car, though the power can be a handful from a stop or even a slow roll.
I'm also the guy that hasn't driven many convertibles, I think the last was my uncle's '66 Cadillac. Freeway speeds with the top down are still very pleasant. I can have a normal conversation, hear the radio, etc.
168922295_10159072811554840_5262106429891891082_n.jpg

This Vovo was around the corner from my house. It was perfect.

Attachments

• EA895F88-D4DC-480B-9B67-161CF2B1149D.jpg
    EA895F88-D4DC-480B-9B67-161CF2B1149D.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 313
Thats a sweet loaner racercosmo. Nice to get a rare perk after what must be a gazillion hours of work between the track and shop.

Keep us updated on Pike's Peak. I've only been a spectator there and it was a looooong time ago but I've spent a lot of time in that area and PPIHC is really special to me.

Thats a sweet loaner racercosmo. Nice to get a rare perk after what must be a gazillion hours of work between the track and shop.

Keep us updated on Pike's Peak. I've only been a spectator there and it was a looooong time ago but I've spent a lot of time in that area and PPIHC is really special to me.

I'm excited to go, this will be my first time. A couple of the other guys went a few years ago when we ran an M4 GT4.

Your new Bronco Has Arrived!:laughing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-081140_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-081140_Samsung Internet.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 45
Be the first on your black to have a six wheel Bronco for just $399,000. Likely not much over dealer mark-up for the first of the new Broncos.

2021-ford-bronco-6x6-to-cost-399000-preview-shows-rugged-monster-159112_1.jpg

1615499542565ef66e7dff9f98IMG_8393-2-scaled-e1617288031596.jpeg

This may or may not be for sale locally, '05 excrusion with under 30k miles. 6.0 diesel too.

How do these compare to suburbans? I'm seriouly thinking about it. Has 1/3 the miles my suburban has and the diesel and 4x4 is nice. I dont like the spare inside the cargo area and cant tell if the whole rear can fold flat like a surburban can.

1615499542565ef66e7dff9f98IMG_8393-2-scaled-e1617288031596.jpeg

This may or may not be for sale locally, '05 excrusion with under 30k miles. 6.0 diesel too.

How do these compare to suburbans? I'm seriouly thinking about it. Has 1/3 the miles my suburban has and the diesel and 4x4 is nice. I dont like the spare inside the cargo area and cant tell if the whole rear can fold flat like a surburban can.

Do your research.

I’m trying and you’re not helping.

A quick Google search returns multiple inherent issues with the 6.0 Powerstroke. Not sure how prevalent, if later years had fixes to address those issues. Things like head gaskets and bolts, issues with the high-pressure oiling system used to control the injectors, and others that might be costly to repair. Research is necessary, and I do not have the time to invest in it.

Hyundai has been having fun with their old stuff. To celebrate starting to come out with legit EVs, the restomodded an old hatchback adding an EV powertrain.

For the most part, pretty normal looking.

pony-2-1618162962.jpg

But, they did have a bit of fun with the interior.

screen-shot-2021-04-11-at-12-47-31-pm-1618163012.png

screen-shot-2021-04-11-at-12-47-40-pm-1618162991.png

Yes it's silly but at the same time I want it... just that driver info panel...

I'm digging the steering wheel and what appears to be a HUGE manual window crank on the door. :laughing

I’m trying and you’re not helping.

the original 6.0 can be "bulletproofed" i think the jargon goes. google will return plenty. they're reliable once some problems are addressed "or so i've read" i don't own one. my sister does. i don't think she's bulletproofed it, 99% sure she hasn't, and it's killed a fuel pump i think.

spare tire inside is kinda dumb from a practicality standpoint. someone probably makes a swing away bumper mount which some might argue is worse because you have to open it every time you access the cargo area.

also annoying, the excursion in question looks to have been lifted. it is a full size truck chassis, lifted. it's going to be huge and cumbersome to drive around the bay area IMO.

lastly it's an 05, so will need to be smogged. it's probably worth finding a mechanic to check it out and make sure all the smog stuff is there

the original 6.0 can be "bulletproofed" i think the jargon goes. google will return plenty. they're reliable once some problems are addressed "or so i've read" i don't own one. my sister does. i don't think she's bulletproofed it, 99% sure she hasn't, and it's killed a fuel pump i think.

spare tire inside is kinda dumb from a practicality standpoint. someone probably makes a swing away bumper mount which some might argue is worse because you have to open it every time you access the cargo area.

also annoying, the excursion in question looks to have been lifted. it is a full size truck chassis, lifted. it's going to be huge and cumbersome to drive around the bay area IMO.

lastly it's an 05, so will need to be smogged. it's probably worth finding a mechanic to check it out and make sure all the smog stuff is there

Check it with a basic scan tool, make sure there are no codes and all the monitors passed. Other than that, the smog is them rolling it into the shop looking underneath the hood and the truck, and then plugging into the OBD2 port. Pretty painless. I’ve heard it cost five grand bulletproof them, if your asking price leaves you enough room to have it done then you’re golden.

And yeah, it’s a big land barge so most parking spaces are out. I feel the same way in my Duramax. :toothless

Last edited:
Back