• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

You just need one with a Gurney Bubble

dielo0mkjx9hjqla7ya0.jpg

Do they make those for our "middle aged spread" belly?

Asking for a friend. :teeth

I just wish the roof line was closer to the original, which I find more atractive ....that said I will be taking one for a spin when they are readily available. :)
DT

Last edited:
So it's a two-pedal car. Bummer.

Hopefully the exhaust note doesn't sound like a wheezing old man.

Attachments

• 20200201_122806.jpg
    20200201_122806.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ford's turbine-powered truck

OK, it's not a car, and it probably won't make your jaw drop, but it's a pretty interesting story about a unique vehicle.

message-editor%2F1594230785564-bigred.jpg

I found this at The Drive. Here's an article from last year: The Turbine Truck Wars. At that time, the Ford was lost, whereabouts unknown.

But then, a story this week: We Found Ford's Incredible Turbine-Powered Semi-Truck 'Big Red' That's Been Lost for Decades.

Here's a short Ford film from the period. Audio cuts out for a while but resumes after 3:00. Added bonus: Notice the GT350 at Ford's World's Fair exhibit:

[YOUTUBE]DuGqP25jnQU[/YOUTUBE]

NASCAR is racing on dirt this weekend at Bristol. NASCAR has been adding more road races and shaking up their format. It may or may not work but I give them credit for trying new stuff. I don't watch much NASCAR but I have a lot of respect for the drivers and racing the regular Cup cars on dirt should be wild.

Expect plenty of highlights on YouTube over the weekend.

ExVQ0i-WgAQGd22

OK, it's not a car, and it probably won't make your jaw drop, but it's a pretty interesting story about a unique vehicle.

message-editor%2F1594230785564-bigred.jpg

I found this at The Drive. Here's an article from last year: The Turbine Truck Wars. At that time, the Ford was lost, whereabouts unknown.

But then, a story this week: We Found Ford's Incredible Turbine-Powered Semi-Truck 'Big Red' That's Been Lost for Decades.

Here's a short Ford film from the period. Audio cuts out for a while but resumes after 3:00. Added bonus: Notice the GT350 at Ford's World's Fair exhibit:

[YOUTUBE]DuGqP25jnQU[/YOUTUBE]

Not as cool as the GM Futurliner

Yeah yeah, we’ve seen me do this before. Half mile drag races. This one is interesting because it’s old versus new. The new C8 (even the same color as my C7) with its mid engine traction absolutely rockets off the line, while my car really struggles to put the power down in 1st gear. But the C8 is geared for 0-60 hero runs, and mine is geared for more top end. Plus I have 300 hp more than him. So I suck him in and leave him for dead before we’re even halfway down.

[youtube]QMvxqATD0aQ[/youtube]

By their timing equipment, I trapped 162 on this one. All of the C8s (and there was quite a few there) were trapping 140-145.

Back