• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

the original 6.0 can be "bulletproofed" i think the jargon goes. google will return plenty. they're reliable once some problems are addressed "or so i've read" i don't own one. my sister does. i don't think she's bulletproofed it, 99% sure she hasn't, and it's killed a fuel pump i think.

spare tire inside is kinda dumb from a practicality standpoint. someone probably makes a swing away bumper mount which some might argue is worse because you have to open it every time you access the cargo area.

also annoying, the excursion in question looks to have been lifted. it is a full size truck chassis, lifted. it's going to be huge and cumbersome to drive around the bay area IMO.

lastly it's an 05, so will need to be smogged. it's probably worth finding a mechanic to check it out and make sure all the smog stuff is there

All of that ^^.

We call those the 5k engine, it seems every time something goes wrong its 5 grand. They were bar none the worst diesel ford put in anything as far as reliability goes. That being said.......they can be made reliable, and the shop next door to me makes an absolute killing doing that every day.:teeth

The 7.3 ones get big money cause they arent made anymore and are reliable as hell.

Personally I would never own a 6.0 ford, but there are many out there that swear by them so as stated, do your google foo and see if it is still what you are after. :thumbup

The 6.0s probably aren't as bad as the reputation it has. Even so, if they're only half as bad I'd still stay away

The shop next door does nothing but diesel, the owner tells me he thinks the 6.0 pistons are made of balsa wood. LOL.

ANY kind of fuel issue, injector issue melts the pistons in minutes. I have seen many melted pistons and personally done one here with that exact issue....little too much fuel, no more piston. :laughing

Great....I’ve got the 6.0 turbo in a van.

What’s involved in bulletproofing them? Off to Google I go...

screen-shot-2021-04-11-at-12-47-40-pm-1618162991.png

Yes it's silly but at the same time I want it... just that driver info panel...

Holy crap.. I now absolutely need a car with nixie tube dashboard.

A retro Hyundai would be similar to building a retro Dodge Omni. Is there much market being driven by memories of junk cars.

I fail to see the similarities in a "vintage" Dodge Omni and a "vintage" Hyundai. The latter is still seen running on our roads today. The former was barely seen on the road even when it was new...they're nowhere today. There's a reason for that.

Why are talking about 6.0 Ford trucks, Hyundai's and Dodge Omni's?
I might as well post a picture of my Taurus.

Attachments

• SHO 81.jpg
    SHO 81.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 34
We’re talking about a Hyundai Pony. Not exactly a top 10 of the dougscore weekend category.

I mean, the use of the Pony for this restomod thing is to celebrate the new EV model they have coming out, which takes a few vague design queues from the Pony (though IMO it pulls it off much better)

Large-45011-HyundaiIONIQ5RedefinesElectricMobilityLifestyle.jpeg

Also, I would take a resto modded Pony like this over a similarly resto modded Mustang 2, though that is more speaking to how much malaise era American cars sucked than to the Pony being a good car.

I think the SHO does make quite a few jaws drop...

i will always remember the day i heard a really agressive V8 exhaust in a parking lot and couldn't immediately assign it to a car. it took a minute to remember that the 2nd gen SHO had a V8, and then i noticed the white spaceship looking econobox and the dots connected. excellent troll capability!

i saw this one out driving around the other day. shoeboxes aren't usually my thing, nor are bright colors but this one was really nice

Attachments

• 20210418_120313.jpg
    20210418_120313.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 77
Back