• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Haha

Could make a reality show out of just following that truck around as it road trips across country visiting most major cities.

Totally. And put that Imbecile from flipping Vegas, Scott Yancy, in the driver's seat with a shock collar for the audience.

Official Tundra intro...

[YOUTUBE]R9bIl5vkp7g[/YOUTUBE]

Power is provided by the all-new i-Force Max powertrain, which consists of a twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6 engine, a 10-speed automatic transmission, and a motor generator that is sandwiched between them. It produces an impressive 437 hp (326 kW /443 PS) and 583 lb-ft (790 Nm) of torque, which means the model has slightly less power than the Ford F-150 Raptor but significantly more torque.

Not really the car that makes my jaw drop, but the driver.
We raced at Watkins Glen this past weekend.
If you recognize the guy on the right, you understand.
We run GT4 America in the Pro-Am class. There was an issue in qualifying, so we started in P32 out of 32 cars.
Bill passed 12 on the first lap, 5 more on the second, and was up to P6 by the midpoint of the race when it was time for the driver change. James got in, an we ended up P2.
If you don't recognize the guy on the right, it's Bill Auberlen, record holder for most wins in IMSA. He also has a boat that will go across Lake Havasu in about 3 minutes.
242107180_10159746069974136_4808235748544278323_n.jpg

^^^ Congratulations on the podium.

Turbochargers are taking over like a virus.
I suppose if I lived in Denver I might not be so repulsed by them.

Had to look up Scott Yancy. Nope doesn’t fit the script. Lets schedule Gary Busey for audition.

Probably about right. I know I've told the story before: ran into Gary Busey getting onto PCH from Sunset on my graduation day w/ my sister and friend in the car. Bashed in the bumper on his Mercedes 560 SEC and pulled up next to him to sort it out. Had no idea it was him until he rolled the window down and was talking a million miles a minute..."just go, gogogogogo. I'mgoodmanjustgo, we'regood. goodgoodgood". It was epic. His car was still crunched in when I left Malibu in late July...

If you don't recognize the guy on the right, it's Bill Auberlen, record holder for most wins in IMSA. He also has a boat that will go across Lake Havasu in about 3 minutes.

Rich, that is really cool! Would love to come watch you guys when you're out here on this coast...let us know, PLEASE!

Probably about right. I know I've told the story before: ran into Gary Busey getting onto PCH from Sunset on my graduation day w/ my sister and friend in the car. Bashed in the bumper on his Mercedes 560 SEC and pulled up next to him to sort it out. Had no idea it was him until he rolled the window down and was talking a million miles a minute..."just go, gogogogogo. I'mgoodmanjustgo, we'regood. goodgoodgood". It was epic. His car was still crunched in when I left Malibu in late July...

Rich, that is really cool! Would love to come watch you guys when you're out here on this coast...let us know, PLEASE!
Sonoma, April 14-17. We were there this year, but it was still closed to spectators.
https://racer.com/2021/09/04/sro-america-reveals-2022-calendar/

Let's hope we're not racing that weekend...I'll be there for sure if not!

Toyota doesn't was you hauling too many rocket launching members of the Taliban....

I think it just proves Toyotaphiles will continue to drink the Kool-Aid even when the product isn't superior to anything else. The least of which a mid-size American pickup. :laughing

At least the Big Three actually try to compete with each other. :dunno

Toyota trucks are for folks who really want an SUV but concerned about that possible once a year trip to Home Depot where a truck is needed.

Back