• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Better get two Berto....
One for the living room, one to drive.
DT

I'm so full of hate for you right now Gregor! That video just had me sending off a half baked email to my dealer connection to get on the list...you owe me coffee when we can take one to coffee if I can get on the list! Let's hope the thing cools the engine better than the Gen 3's...but man that thing is pure sex. Great job on their promotional vid too.

Ha! If my budget could accommodate it, I'd get on the list too. Sadly it's out of reach for me. I'm betting they'll sell like hotcakes and get marked up like crazy right away. The technology & engineering that they're making available at that (estimated) price point is really impressive.

The C3 Z06 was a safe car to buy.

The first year of the C5 Z06 was only 385hp, and it went up 20hp the next year.

The first year of the C6 Z06 was plagued by a delaminating roof, substandard oil sump, and valve guides.

The C7 Z06 can’t do more than a couple laps on the track without going into ‘limp’ mode due to excessive heat. No problems on the street though.

History tells indicates that one should stay away from the first year of the C8 Z06.

Better get two Berto....
One for the living room, one to drive.
DT

Ah Duncan...almost ALL my vehicles look as if they live in the living room! The life of being married to toys...and loving detailing them for hours on end. Hey, 4 hours of detailing is about 1200 calories!

Ha! If my budget could accommodate it, I'd get on the list too. Sadly it's out of reach for me. I'm betting they'll sell like hotcakes and get marked up like crazy right away. The technology & engineering that they're making available at that (estimated) price point is really impressive.

Troof!

Thanks for the links John. Lots of cool iron there. :thumbup

Not a fan of Tacomas, but I dig this retro style camper...

AAQfih3.img

AAQfb6Z.img

Apparently this is my Bronco exiting the assembly line.
Dangit, I can make this work, but its a huge expense, not sure I want to go through with it.

BroncoBuilt.jpg

Ah Duncan...almost ALL my vehicles look as if they live in the living room! The life of being married to toys...and loving detailing them for hours on end. Hey, 4 hours of detailing is about 1200 calories!

Troof!

You have my respect sir!
Circa 2007: I once was chatting with a fellow, a friend of a friend.
My buddy brought up he was thinking of going to the Barrett Jackson auction that year.
His friend said he simply must go! Nothing like it!
I recounted how someone bought Carol Shelby's personal Super Snake for five million the previous year at the auction.
My buddy gave me a look and I then realized I was talking with the new owner.
So I asked him, how is it to drive?
He said " you don't drive a car like that" in kind of a dismissive way...
All I could think was " if I had the means to purchase a car like that, by God I would drive it!".
In my mind, all cars, no matter how special , were made to be driven.
Oh, sure, maybe only on dry days and special occasions, but driven nonetheless..
DT

Yes, EV crate motor. I would think this idea will take on very fast and many companies will start coming out with these.

Apparently this is my Bronco exiting the assembly line.
Dangit, I can make this work, but its a huge expense, not sure I want to go through with it.

View attachment 547210

If you need money, buy it and flip it for a profit. This was a reserved unit, so I imagine the Ford dealer is only getting MSRP for it right?

If you need money, buy it and flip it for a profit. This was a reserved unit, so I imagine the Ford dealer is only getting MSRP for it right?

Yes, they told me MSRP. I'm definitely thinking about it, just worried about going through the motions and having an emotional reaction to my new baby. :)

You have my respect sir!
Circa 2007: I once was chatting with a fellow, a friend of a friend.
My buddy brought up he was thinking of going to the Barrett Jackson auction that year.
His friend said he simply must go! Nothing like it!
I recounted how someone bought Carol Shelby's personal Super Snake for five million the previous year at the auction.
My buddy gave me a look and I then realized I was talking with the new owner.
So I asked him, how is it to drive?
He said " you don't drive a car like that" in kind of a dismissive way...
All I could think was " if I had the means to purchase a car like that, by God I would drive it!".
In my mind, all cars, no matter how special , were made to be driven.
Oh, sure, maybe only on dry days and special occasions, but driven nonetheless..
DT

the ones made to be Art don't drive so good anyway...so yeah, drive em Duncan! Detailing's the fun part.

Back