• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I spent the week at COTA working with Pure McLaren, as a handmaid for the owners' track days. We had about 20 Sennas there, including 4 or 5 GTRs. Bruno Senna and Stefan Johansson were there running laps in the F1 cars. The M6GT didn't turn any laps, but it's pretty sweet too.
View attachment 562215
Some of those F1 cars were at the Velocity Invitational last year. It was pretty incredible to see them lapping at Sonoma!

Fun to watch when they bring out the F1 cars during the Historics and marque events at Laguna....

reminds me a few years ago. we were staying at bernardus, and it was late at night - we hear a throaty roar right next to our room. got up to check it out. spotlights. lots of commotion. they were pulling the ferrari F1 cars in to the center lawn area. bit of a midnight sneak attack, prepping for the morning. it was awesome to see and especially to hear.

The Ferrari going up the straight at Laguna full bling over T1 and snagging one more gear before the rapid *boom boom boom boom* downshift is beautiful.

"Have you heard about the Corvette Zed Arr One?" Question asked me by a local in a bar during an IMSA race weekend at Mosport in 1989.

2025 Corvette ZR-1
  • The 2025 Chevy Corvette ZR1 has a 1064-hp twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8, making it by far the most powerful Vette to ever reach production.

2025-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-101-66a1570f78485.jpg

unreal godliness. Figuring out what's gonna get sold now!

It surprised me for sure. Was thinking it would be maybe around 850hp. And with that power/weight ratio, it would only be marginally faster than my car. But now I see that power number is over 200hp more than I, and most everyone else expected. And they did it without having to tack on electric motors like Ferrari and Lamborghini have done to get their flagship sports cars to 1000hp. Though I’m sure an electrified version with even more power is another year or two away.

Still no interest to trade up to this new one. But damn it’s impressive. Interesting to see if they manage to get a clean lap at the Nurburgring and lay down a sub 6:50 time.

That is one bad ass American car :wow

I'm not trying to start shit here, but it's FUGLY!!! There is WAY too much going on. It's like they added every cheap Kragen doohicky they could find. I'm sure it's fun to drive though.

Reactions: GAJ
It's mostly invisible from the drivers seat.

Horsepower makes up for ugly. Example: BMW S1000rr

wow. but... tyres connect the hp to the real world. How much can you really get to the ground? Makes me thin of the Stark 80 hp dirtbike. Really?

The new Vette is soooooooo :cool: Insurance premium will reflect all the awesomeness that comes with 1064HP !
But still that's only about 30% increase in HP over last years model.

:x I'm shooting for 40-45% increase on my naturally aspirated motor build! :teeth
1956 Chevy 235ci truck motor out to 241ci, decked block, shaved head, piston n rings, cr should be around 8.25, new solid lifter cam with a bit more lift / duration, ~10% stiffer valve springs and a bit of cleanup on chambers. Can't get crazy with the head as the intake valve really doesn't sit in a deep pocket (don't want no touchy-feely going on with the piston). The exhaust sits in a much deeper pocket, but sadly GM didn't make a cross flow head. : | (Anybody happen to have a Wayne cross flow head they're not using?). Harmonic balance rebuilt and balanced along with crank, rods, flywheel, and pressure plate. Two Rochester B carbs on Thickstun intake and Corvette dual exhaust port manifold. Looking for a different intake as my Clifford long tube headers don't fit behind the Thickstun. Water pump is newer design, better flow but with a short pulley shaft to fit in a '49-''54 truck chassis. And the list goes on...
235 Engine Front 1 copy.jpeg
235 Engine FLS copy.jpeg

Back