• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Maserati Boomerang

MTMxMzQxNDY5NDY5NDgxNDM4.png

More pics here: http://airows.com/automotive/1972-maserati-boomerang

Pro touring cars can be built without making them look ridiculous. But I'd much rather see classic muscle in its original state.

Agreed. The front valance on that Camaro along with the running boards looks terrible imo. There are plenty of good looking pro touring Camaros out there.

ProTouring, just like the RatRod craze has jumped the shark. Not everything should be a full restoration, but some of this shit is ghey as hell.

Just like the Ratrod tards have fucked up the traditional Hot Rod scene, so will the ProTouring tards screw up the muscle car scene. :rolleyes: Not everything needs to have gigantic wheels and an LS3. Anyone remember what a fuckin' carburetor is?

Really? It's an actually used racetrack car. It's not a garage queen, it was built with a purpose. There's classifications for classic cars. Can't keep them stock and compete. Best sounding car I saw that day....better than the Veyron and other pricey new crap.

I can see from a collectors standpoint but I'm sure it was a run of the mil '67 camaro, not a Yenko or something rare.

James-Shipka-1967-Camaro-OUSCI-2013_13.jpg

yep, really. it's refreshing to hear the yellow blob might see some angry driving from time to time but that doesn't mean it isn't aesthetically horrendous. it reminds me of Bob in Fight Club. maybe if the open up is't pecs and drain the fluid it'll look better?

that gray one is pretty sharp though, even if i too am growing tired of the pro touring fad. it's about 10 years in at this point, at least. should be about done soon and these cars will make fantastic donors for whatever the next cosmetic rage is. say what you want about the appearance, the underpinnings tend to be pretty top notch.

ProTouring, just like the RatRod craze has jumped the shark. Not everything should be a full restoration, but some of this shit is ghey as hell.

Just like the Ratrod tards have fucked up the traditional Hot Rod scene, so will the ProTouring tards screw up the muscle car scene. :rolleyes: Not everything needs to have gigantic wheels and an LS3. Anyone remember what a fuckin' carburetor is?

carbs gum up when they sit too long, which makes moving them from the heated garagemahal to the trailer difficult.

5keDWRM.jpg

I don't think they fucked up this car at all, It's a pro touring style, with an LS Swap... It all depends on what you use your car for... I went LS in mine as well, because I wanted reliability, fuel economy, wide aftermarket support, and performance on a budget. I couldn't build a decent 340 for the price I've got into my LS swap.

I love musclecars, but respect them in all areas. I love the fact that people can make them their own. That's what hot rodding was truly about. Swaps, Weight reduction and aerodynamic improvements...

1970-dodge-challenger-in-motion.jpg

Last edited:
5keDWRM.jpg

I don't think they fucked up this car at all, It's a pro touring style, with an LS Swap... It all depends on what you use your car for... I went LS in mine as well, because I wanted reliability, fuel economy, wide aftermarket support, and performance on a budget. I couldn't build a decent 340 for the price I've got into my LS swap.

I love musclecars, but respect them in all areas. I love the fact that people can make them their own. That's what hot rodding was truly about. Swaps, Weight reduction and aerodynamic improvements...

magnum force in campbell just finished up a challenger with a srt 10 in it for Mike Kroeger from nickelback. he basically showed up with a blank check and told them to build him a sick car. i think it was almost a 2 year project and they ended up going back to a blown v8 hemi 472 instead and dropped the motor into another customers challenger

Last edited:
magnum force in campbell just finished up a challenger with a srt 10 in it for Mike Kroeger from nickelback. he basically showed up with a blank check and told them to build him a sick car. i think it was almost a 2 year project and they ended up going back to a blown v8 hemi instead and dropped the motor into another customers challenger

Can't say I'm much a fan of it... Looks kinda bland to me... But still a nice build...

hemi_challenger_195.jpg

hemi_challenger_194.jpg

Can't say I'm much a fan of it... Looks kinda bland to me... But still a nice build...

hemi_challenger_195.jpg

hemi_challenger_194.jpg

i think that was the point. if you look at the work under that car it will make perfect sense. the guy who owns magnum force is probably one of the best mopar engine/fab guys on the planet. anytime you see those overhaulin shows or resto shows with a mopar on it more then likely the engine work was done by them.

Last edited:

1970-dodge-challenger-in-motion.jpg

I'd say they fucked up by putting an LS motor in a Mopar :x

I'd say they fucked up by putting an LS motor in a Mopar :x

Can you post some cars then that don't bother you so much?

I believe in more go than show. Restored muscle cars are boring for me now and I have a '69 Mach 1. No imagination when kept stock.

This

ford-00290-1.jpg

or

this

attachment.php

Last edited:
The bottom one is a '70. It came messed up from the factory. :laughing

I had a 69 Mach 1 a loooong time ago. I like these modern take on these pony cars bug you have to keep proportion. The wheels really kill that '70 Mustang for me. That Silver/Gray Camaro posted above gives me wood.

. :thumbup Glad we think the same on that. Although I will admit I'm probably going to run the Fast EZ 2.0 Efi on my motor.

Last edited:
Back