• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Collect and Grow Succulents/Cactus?

Saving there pix for over a month now, June in Susanville, , ,

These red flowers much the same color and shape as in an octillo flare.

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
is anyone bringing their potted succulents indoors for the winter?
I plan to keep them outside but move them closer to the house itself. Depends on the weather conditions for this winter.

I live in Oakland, so my succulents just hang out and suffer in the wet until spring. I do have to remember to flip the saucers over and/or lift the pots off the ground so that their little toesies don't stay wet all the time. I basically have them in a glorified gravel mix, so drainage is good.

Is that elephant grass? It's not quite freezing here at night so I had only one succulent-Devils Backbone, die from H2O and chilling temps.

Garden pests, proper way to dispose of snails?

Snip, splat, salt, sledge, or saute?

I have been using splat, chuckin' them against a fence.
What is the best flavor wise, to feed snails for eatin' ?

Not yet.
I didn't want to be disrespectful to ma nature by wasting a food source.

I'm not aware on how to reduce the gamey taste, I figured upgrading their food source would be a big step. :teeth

Big :party next month, snails on the barbie?

or just

pick & splat

The pretty thing has lots of succulents, I'll have her take some pics for me to post.

Anyway, here's her coffee cup.

Attachments

• fucculent.jpg
    fucculent.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 21
git those slimy shelled creatures!

I was thinking about planting only peppers this season. Will wait to plant till the am temps get a little higher.

tis good for your throwing arm! My cactus are throwing out flowers too-all in a crown around the top. Succulents are amazingly big after all of that rain we had.
Keep on growing.

Succulent snails destined for escargo are purged in a well ventilated but closed container with a half inch of damp cornmeal or oatmeal for a couple days. If longer, meal should be changed out every other day. Also supposed to be able to attract them overnight on the underside of a board set a couple inches off shady ground. Rinse well. My friend Jade from Morro prolly dances in that elfin preserve.

Back