• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Please don't stop posting your pics. It's great to live vicariously through you guys :thumbup
Too bad there's no pics of me losing my rear tire on Corral Saturday..You guys could vicariously feel the pain when I drove my head into the embankment:rofl

You're not spamming here -- keep posting pics/vids:)

+1

That 40 footer was pretty sweet :)

Too bad there's no pics of me losing my rear tire on Corral Saturday..You guys could vicariously feel the pain when I drove my head into the embankment:rofl

Good seeing ya out there! So you were probably around when this guy took this header?

(look about 0:50 in)

[youtube]59GqWv_i9t0[/youtube]

Seat post is too high for what he was doing. You NEED the space it is occupying to lean back and save your face in that kind of situation...

lol i love crash videos.... wait til i put out a longer clip of all my stuff.. i'll have dozens of crash clips from me :rofl

well, not to spoil all the fun, but here's a crash clip from today i'll share :p

sorry yody, my blog isnt operational yet.

[youtube]_qhsVTU-kQI[/youtube]

^Wha?:wtf

It was nice meeting you at Demo:)
Nice seein' you out there as well.. Ya'll in the A group were hammerin' out the miles:thumbup
I did that 5ish foot drop off to the left side down on the double track section..Rear tire blew off on landing being as the transition is 90deg. to the bike it rolled the tire off the side of the rim:rofl Sounded like a gunshot:rofl
My eyes were crossed when I got up and it tweaked my neck a bit:party
All good now.. Put tubes back in...

+1

Good seeing ya out there! So you were probably around when this guy took this header?

(look about 0:50 in)

[youtube]59GqWv_i9t0[/youtube]
You too Mike:thumbup
I didn't see that one:wow

well, not to spoil all the fun, but here's a crash clip from today i'll share :p

sorry yody, my blog isnt operational yet.

New Jump In Joe's World
1) New Jump #1 - Eat Shit
2) Scream Out Load (Actually start weeping like a little girl before landing)
3) Ambulance
4) Hospital
5) Nighty Night
6) Wake up 3 hours later with 15 new anchor pins holding multiple torn ligaments/tendons to bones
7) Another riding season over :(

PS. As long as you post some of the crashes, ... I'm all for you continuing to post all your pics and vids. That wack is dope, Yo, ... (The crashes are the only thing that jars my brains enough to NOT try to follow you someday)
:teeth

Had a rotten Tuesday.

Spectacular day. After work ride is super.
Come to a one way singletrack hill. I wave the guy at top to come down so we don't have to avoid each other mid hill.

He rolls down and I think to myself " that jackass ain't wearing a shirt or a helmet." Then I think "he's going pretty fast." When the rut grabs his front wheel and he crashes I thinks "that's gonna suck" When I see his body go limp I think "SHIT!!! now my day is really gonna suck"

Once he came around and could walk, I got him out of Shell Ridge and to John Muir ER.

No insurance, shirt, or helmet. Two days in neuro ICU and currently resting it off in recovery. We guestimated his bill between $30k-50K

I think to myself "his life is really going to suck"

Most of us either know, or have come across a idiot like this unfortunately. It's possible one of us might actually be him.

So, in closing, please take care of the following:

Buy appropriate gear and use it.
Please keep important medical information in your camelback/seatbag/etc.
Please put emergency contacts in your phone and label them accordingly.
Lastly, let someone know where your going if possible.

I encourage everyone to ride like an idiot (the jumping vids make me green with envy!) but please don't actually be an idiot :)

I will now step off the soapbox.

I went over the bars hard today, were it not for my helmet I prolly wouldn't be posting this. The rad thing is that even though my arm, ribs, and knee are black and blue, bleeding, or both; the bike is fine (it's a loaner to see if I like the sport).

I feel initiated into the clan now.

Last edited:
I went over the bars hard today, were it not for my helmet I prolly wouldn't be posting this. The rad thing is that even though my arm, ribs, and knee are black and blue, bleeding, or both; the bike is fine (it's a loaner to see if I like the sport).

I feel initiated into the clan now.

welcome to the land of Endo......:thumbup

how did ya eat it?....panic grab on the front?.....weight not far enough back off a drop?....rear lost traction?

take some advil....you're gonna be sore tomorrow and the next day....

fyi....i have endo'd more times than i care to remember....broken ribs, wrists, torn meniscus, chipped ankle, knocked out, knocked goofless.....

some are slow..some are fast...and some are caught on camera....:|

n627056224_362077_364.jpg

I was messin with my droid at a skatepark today , I noticed that I look very angry when I ride :laughing

clip from video

angryriding.jpg

Back