• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I just got my old hardtail back. I don't think it is a great "trail bike", but I need to dump it so I can keep my collection to under 7.

I'll take a pic and post it later.

REI Anniversary sale going on till Monday - 15% off non clearance bikes
plus a ton of other sales through out the store

Anyone here selling a bike? I'm looking to buy one but not sure where to look
I have numerous large XC bikes for sale. All depending on what kind of riding you will be doing and how much you want to spend.

Anyone have Mt.Bike wheels with or without tires that will fit my Cannondale 400? I'm looking for a front shock too.

I prefer trades as I'm broke :teeth

Attachments

• Bicycle.jpg
    Bicycle.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 50
Anyone have Mt.Bike wheels with or without tires that will fit my Cannondale 400? I'm looking for a front shock too.

I prefer trades as I'm broke :teeth

i've got tires and a fork for ya.....lemme do some research on your rig to see if what i got will fit...

what year/model is your bike?...are your wheels 700's (road wheels) or 26" (mountain wheels)?

no charge Jefe'.....i'll even install if ya like...

Last edited:
Hey Tim-

What kind of distance do you want to ride and how early in the AM do you want to start?

Dan

Just finished building my Heckler. I work evenings but would enjoy some shorter rides in the morning to get my fat butt back in shape. If ya wanna ride or you have a ride goin ping me with a PM so I know.

Tim
29469_395963206882_579621882_4581778_5697552_n.jpg

Hi CHUM dude,

How do I measure the wheels? From the outside of the rims in a straight line is 25".

http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng/Products/2006/Recreation/Details/2104-6HR4Y-Road-Warrior-400

Thanks man,
-j

thanks for the link :thumbup answers my questions/concerns.

MTB wheels (primarily are 26")....your rig has 700's (road)....here are your options.

a 26" wheel on your bike will a) prolly not be able to stop 'cause the brakes won't work and b) you will constantly be bashing your pedals on the ground cornering....both are bad....

you could get 29" mountain wheels....but that will be $$$....or another set of 700's...again $$$

for suspension....you will need a 29'er fork....again...$$$$

The good news is you basically have a flat-bar CX rig (cyclocross).....keep the wheels...keep the rigid fork.....I have 700X44 WTB MutanoRaptors that you can have....but they prolly won't fit in your chainstays....

you can take your bike to a LBS (local bike shop) and ask them what size CX tire will fit in-between your chainstays/brakes....I'm guessing a 700X32....you'll probably need to spend around $70 bucks for a set (they're knobby and made for off-road)...get clincher type (not tubular)

then go out and ride some trails :thumbup...I also think you know Supa from Trials....he bought my first CX rig....see if he can lend you his wheels for a day to see if you like it first (they'll fit)...

or hell....go riding with him...he and Jeremy are starting again...but don't invite me on their rides....those fawkers.....;)

PS - i'm sorry though...the extra stuff i have laying around if for 26" bikes....

Just saw this thread. got my bike and I wanna go ridin! when and where do you guys meet? Mind if I join? I'm by far not advanced, but not afraid to try technical stuff. I found the Hardrock sport I was lookin for at a great price so I don't have full suspension but I think it'll work:thumbup I need to get my ass back in shape cardio wise. I'm in the south bay but I can go up to the city for a city ride:cool I wanna do trails mostly though. Let me know where and when to show up! damn this just sounded like a personal ad:wtf:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I also think you know Supa from Trials....he bought my first CX rig....see if he can lend you his wheels for a day to see if you like it first (they'll fit)...

or hell....go riding with him...he and Jeremy are starting again...but don't invite me on their rides....those fawkers.....;)

Yeah, I've known Supa for oh, 11 years. I'll give him a call and a bitch slap for ya :teeth

when I raced BMX I had sew-ups on my bike and the rims were about the same size. Why didn't I think of that :facepalm

Thanks again, :cool

Hey Tim-

What kind of distance do you want to ride and how early in the AM do you want to start?

Dan
Sorry I missed your reply Needles. I work till midnight three days a week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and graves Saturday and Sunday. But Im up for a nice easy paced ride of 6 or 8 miles of pavement or a shorter one of dirt. And I dont mind drivin to do it either. PM me if ya wanna do a descent off skyline or somethin too (Love Full Suspension)

Last edited:
Bad Day

Not sure why I posted this here, ... guess because I really don't play on the rest of the forum anymore. :teeth

So these folks couldn't decide whether to take the moto or the car and apparently they decide on this. :wtf

They won't have to decide ever again, they all died.
Moto rider wasn't paying attention, driver of the car was texting and pulled out of a side street.

Guess the moral of the story is, ... "No matter how F#@*ED up you may get on a mountain bike, ... this sure ain't gonna happen to you." :wow

Attachments

• pic19773.jpeg
    pic19773.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 129
what's up Harpo? Hope you are doing better than in your avatar. well i'm looking at getting a mountain bike, what you got laying around?

remember playing around berryessa, mines and all over the place around 02', 03', 04' ish with pigpen and that crazy frenchman phillipe on the "BUS"a and the spaniard felipe. i miss those days.

what's up Harpo? Hope you are doing better than in your avatar. well i'm looking at getting a mountain bike, what you got laying around?

remember playing around berryessa, mines and all over the place around 02', 03', 04' ish with pigpen and that crazy frenchman phillipe on the "BUS"a and the spaniard felipe. i miss those days.

PM sent

Back