• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

who are the manufacturers to stay away from?

who are the ones to look for, reliability, resale, ect.?

what are some things to look for when buying used?

Dude, just call Greg. Not gonna get a better rig for the price than an Intense 5.5.

Dude, just call Greg. Not gonna get a better rig for the price than an Intense 5.5.

That bike is amazing, even new Tracer VP owners like the old 5.5 better. I think gadget hype has been the best depreciation of 2-5 year old bikes, buyers like me love it.

Last edited:
officially joined the club as of this afternoon :teeth
Giant brass... got it for a great price on Ebay.. basically brand new :)
c8b0d202.jpg

Northstar

Anyone going up this weekend to ride what(little)is open?

officially joined the club as of this afternoon :teeth
Giant brass... got it for a great price on Ebay.. basically brand new :)
c8b0d202.jpg

that thing is sexy... reminds me of my GT :teeth

Attachments

• 31759_431810977222_566332222_5566798_2000426_n.jpg
    31759_431810977222_566332222_5566798_2000426_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 57
thanks guys, im fuckin juiced! :teeth
me and my boy are complete newbs at this, but we're excited about getting our mtb on!.. we'll be riding saturday the 26th, anyone else riding the north bay?

thanks guys, im fuckin juiced! :teeth
me and my boy are complete newbs at this, but we're excited about getting our mtb on!.. we'll be riding saturday the 26th, anyone else riding the north bay?

where in the north bay, I see you're in Vallejo - Rockville in Fairfield is right in your backyard :thumbup

i called greg and spoke with him. we got disconnected i called him back left him a message and havnt heard back yet.

his bike is in norcal and i'm in socal 99% of the time now. it is likely his bike will sell before i can come by and check it out. if it doesnt sell by the time i make it back up there i will definately be on top of it. in the event he sells it i will need some advice which is why i asked the questions on here. when i spoke with you and asked you about GT's you had said to stay away from them. that is exactly what i'm looking for, advice from people who know about mtb's cause i dont yet.

decisions?

deciding between:
Gary Fisher Wahoo
Trek 3900
Giant Ricon

most likely getting the disc brakes model with upgraded components. any recommendations on where to purchase these at?

deciding between:
Gary Fisher Wahoo
Trek 3900
Giant Ricon

most likely getting the disc brakes model with upgraded components. any recommendations on where to purchase these at?
I don't know anything about any of those models but I do know that Hank and Frank in Lafayette sells Giant. Doubt the price will be any better than anywhere else but the BIG positive about buying from them is that the mechanics in their are all top friggen notch. So unlike buying from Performance (cheap out the door but then you're on your own) If any issues ever arise, questions, concerns, suggestions, ... they WILL be able to help you.

PS. If you go there tell them "Joe Hairy-Tits" sent you. (don't ask :wtf They'll know who it is) Might not get a better price but you'll definitely get better service. :teeth

Back