• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

That's fine, I'm quite the novice! I've tooled around on many mountain bikes, but none as nice as this. I was looking at new Dawes and others on BikesDirect, but the reviews kept coming back to how cheaply made they were.

I paid $460... reasonable?

Dude, Sorry, I read it quickly and missed the main point I guess.
I thought you were trying to sell it and I was trying to convince novice type riders to buy it. Sorry bro. No disrespect meant. :(
Joe

Ibis Mojo Carbon/SL For Sale

No pix yet but if you are interested let's talk and you can probably get the custom build (sorry, no 10 speed but plenty to pick from in 9 speed)

1) One small Flatt/Nude Black Mojo SL. This one is already built. Near spotless and should weigh just a hair over 22 pounds (YEA BOOOOOYY!!!)
2) One small Silver Mojo Carbon. Call Early for a custom build!!
3) One Medium Guiness Foam Mojo Carbon. Call Early for a custom build!!
4) One large Flatt/Nude Black Mojo SL. Just a frame. Ready for a build :)
5) One large Shinny Black Mojo Carbon. SPOTLESS!! Just a frame. Ready for a build :)

PM for any details.
Unless the price is REALLY RIGHT, I'm planning on selling all built bikes. Not just frames. So if you're looking for a cheap frame, ...I'm not the guy. If you are looking for 1/2 price Mojo SL or Mojo Carbon, built to 9 spd spec with all parts guaranteed and fit to a "T", ...I might just be your guy.

Last edited:
Anyone going to the MTBR's Downieville summer kickoff this year?

Speaking of Downieville.
I have a BRAND NEW Santa Cruz Driver 8, Size Small still in box with all registration and warrantee materials still blank.

PM for price

Last edited:
STUPID LIGHT Mojo SL

Wanna go XC racing?????
I just built the perfect bike for you. Well, that is, if you’re a midget like me. 5’8” or less.

22.10 pound Ibis Mojo SL. Size is small. Condition of frame and all components is either BRAND NEW or as close as you can get to it off the dealers floor. Model year is 2010 (same exact frame as 2011 and 2012 Mojo SL) except it's a 3x9.

Frame, Cranks, shock (yes, SHOCK) rear Derailleur, Bars, and shifters are all carbon. Everything else is super light weight (VERY Hi-End) Aluminum. All bearings are NEW or serviced. Wheels are tuned and trued to perfection (thanx Greg) Tires are new. Bike is ready to ride/race exactly as it sits with the exception of some minor fitting.

$3700 which is less than 1/2 of what the bike would cost you New at an Ibis Dealer

This bike is the SHIZZLE NIZZLE when it comes to full susp. XC race bikes. Ask just about anyone on this forum that goes fast on an XC bike.

Craigs List Ad Link (Full Specs. Description and Pix)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/3038383511.html
Full Link To JUST Pix
http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr270/harpo-rider/ibis_mojo_sl_small_racebike/

Attachments

• IMG_20120523_180020.jpg
    IMG_20120523_180020.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I just saw this thread for the first time! I'm hitting waterdog lake park in Belmont tomorrow morning for a 2 hour ass kicking if anyone is interested... medium to slow pace up hills... fast as I can down hills on my hardtail marin. I'll be at the Lyall street entrance at 845 if anyone wants to tag along.

Selling an '08 Titus RacerXcarbon Semi-complete

Too bad, nobody interested. Oh well.

Last edited:
Do you guys insure your bikes? If so, do you have a special insurance rider or policy? I hear most homeowners ins policies only cover specific scenarios/circumstances.

Do you guys insure your bikes? If so, do you have a special insurance rider or policy? I hear most homeowners ins policies only cover specific scenarios/circumstances.

I have them listed under my renter's insurance through State Farm.

Take detailed pics of your bike (for future claims if/when you need it).

I know this is an old post, but I just bought a 2012 Specialized Rockhopper :)

Lookin' for people to go mountain biking with!

Jeff

I know this is an old post, but I just bought a 2012 Specialized Rockhopper :)

Lookin' for people to go mountain biking with!

Jeff

let me know when you're around Santa Cruz and I'll give you a 2 or 3 hour tour :thumbup

Hey MTB'rs, looking for some advice on Old San Pedro Rd. I'm riding from S.F. to San Juan Capistrano in Sept and am looking at options for the first day (S.F. to Santa Cruz). I got a lot of good info from sfcootz but just learned of Old San Pedro Rd. I was going to zig-zag through the city to get to 92 and then to Half Moon Bay but Old San Pedro sounds interesting plus I can stay somewhat near hwy 1. I know I can reach it off 1 (make my way to Higgins Way) but would like to know if the trail is marked. I noticed that it branches off in a few areas. I'm doing the ride on a rigid mtb with slicks. From what I've read, the route consists of gravel fire roads so I'm hoping my set up is sufficient. I saw one review where a couple of people did it on road bikes(??). I'd take 1 all the way but would like to avoid the Devil's Slide area. Thanks in advance for any info!

yes, old san pedro road is rideable on a road bike. it's paved going up from pacifica, then a bit of singletrack 'til it meets the service road, then a gravel service road. there's a fork where you can talk the old paved road down (bumpy), or the service road (straight shot, steep--i've not taken it).
you can actually stay off of highway 1 everywhere north of the ritz carlton. might be a bit tricky to figure out, but at least know that the bike path starts at the light just after sam's chowder house and is a good choice w/o much complication.

A good route to old san pedro:

* In Daly City, get to Skyline Dr (just west of 35). It'll climb then drop down fast the the coast. Turn left. Follow the roads west of 1 'til you're forced onto (a bike path next to) 1 just past sharp park. take the first right, follow the bike path 'til you get to rockaway beach, stay ocean-side of the highway to find the bike path. stay on the path to the taco bell, stay ocean side (yes) a bit further just past the fresh and easy. Turn left onto the service road, across highway 1, onto the bike path on the far side. At the T intersection, turn right. Keep going straight on the 'driveway' and through the fence and you'll end up on Higgins, keep going straight. Once you get to the top it's obvious but it is also signed.

92 has got to be nasty, esp. from the bottom of the giant switchback on the ocean side to the ocean--no shoulder, flat, high traffic.

Oh another alternate if the weather is foggy on the coast: stay inland. (skyline/bike path/canada/portola/alpine/skyline/9 is a nice route though much longer and hillier than the coastal one.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mbsv! Very much appreciated! I checked out the google earth view during lunch today and it looks promising. I'll be Amtraking it into the city from Sacto (well, getting off the train in Emeryville and then taking the Amtrak bus into the city). My options, once in S.F., is to get off at one of the following locations: Ferry Building, Financial District, Moscone Center, Caltrain station, Civic Center, or Fisherman's Wharf. sfcootz gave me a route to get to the Great Hwy from the wharf. Would any of the other stops be a better starting point or should I make my way to Daly City and go from there?

Back