• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

dudes and dudettes... you guys should also join ROMP, cause they are very good at representing our interests...

http://www.romp.org/

good folks. Space to ride is going to be (is) an issue.

take amtrak to bart. i don't know what the transfer is like in richmond, but it should be simple. or from emeryville ride to w oakland bart. take bart to colma. ride up eastmoor to westmoor to skyline.

or bart to San Bruno, climb Sneath, and drop down the mountain bike trail. Much more climbing and difficulty, I've never done it.

the amtrak bus is just silly--i've never taken it but i looked at the schedule once and it was slow. may as well cross SF and the bay via BART.
if you really want to take the bus, any of those except fishermans' wharf is roughly the same from a bicycle POV.

(of course if you *want* to ride in the city, take the bus or bart to somewhere near the water and cross the city. lots of routes of varying hillyness/traffic/etc.)

Last edited:
Thanks again mbsv. I'll check out the BART locations/schedules. Don't want to do too much climbing on the first day!

Been thinkin about hitting a weekday ride there, who are you going with, whats your plan?

Two other buds, camping at/around packer saddle. Riding down to town every day (fri-sat-sun) and shuttling up to the top at the end of the day.

Goin' to downieville this thursday-sunday! Anybody else happen to be heading up?
I just got back from there yesterday. Trails were in great condition especially after the overnight rain tamed the dust. Do the Big Boulder trail if you haven't already, its worth the climb. The River trail right in town was actually a nice XC out and back too. Have fun, weather looks to be nice and mild again this weekend. It was upper 40s, low 50s as the high at packer saddle and perfect as you descend.

I know this is an old post, but I just bought a 2012 Specialized Rockhopper :)

Lookin' for people to go mountain biking with!

Jeff

Hey Jeff, if you wanted to jump over the hill, there's a Tuesday Night Ride at Lake Chabot that goes on out of Endless Cycles in Castro Valley. The faster group rolls at 6:30, while the more mellow group rolls at 6:45.

http://endlesscyclesonline.com/endless-rides.html

Never been to northstar. Is it like sking is there begineer trails. Im more of a xc guy and wout be riding my giant reign

My buddy told me flame out would be good for my level of riding???

Reign is plenty for Flameout, it's quite pedally. I took my old Cannondale Jekyll (135mm travel front and rear) down most of the blues, single blacks, and the easier parts of the double blacks.

Then again, I did eventually break the Lefty fork...

My buddy told me flame out would be good for my level of riding???

If you're up for a run from top of Vista to the Gondola...

Hit up Big Trees from the top of Vista ....cross the road and take Flameout (pedally in sections) all the way down til it crosses another road, take WT (Woods Technical)..then Woods to Mine Shaft...follow the road to the Gondola. (I've ridden this on my Nomad, no problem)

/repeat til you get bored

Another loop:

Sinous (from the top of Vista) > Karpiel > Speed Control > Pho Dogg (rode this on the Nomad -- just pick your lines)

You can get away with Blue & Single Black Diamond trails on your Reign. Though parts of Gypsy might a be a bit much.

Last edited:
Ibis Mojo HD Size Medium

hey Barfers, giving you guys first chance on my 2011 Ibis Mojo HD Size Medium.
You might have seen Merrick flying past you on it!!!
No pix yet as of yet as it's not quite finished (fork being serviced) but it's pristine. (AKA-It's F@#$EN GORGEOUS!!!)
Price will be somewhere around $3800, ...I'm Thinkin'
  • White 2011 Ibis Mojo HD
  • 2012 Kashima RP23
  • 2010 Talas 36 RC2
  • Full X0/XTR 2x9
  • Stan's ZTR Flow, Supercomp Spokes, Ibis Hubs
  • Tires - Undetermined but I'm sure I have something awesome
  • Cranks - Also Undetermined at the moment
Possible extras include a Spare set of wheels and spare WTB LaserDisc
Superduty Rear Hub 12x135

Last edited:
Hey guys/gals... selling my 29er for lack of use. :nchantr

Price reduced to $1350 OBO... make offer. Very nice rig.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7422962#post7422962

2010-Specialized-Stumpjumper-Comp-29er-Mountain-Bike.jpg

Let me know if there's any interest. Gracias...

Last edited:
looking for a large mountain bike. Have 600 to spend.

Nice Hardtail with disk brakes or
Maybe a Older FSR XC, V brakes would be fine.

Back