• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

First round of the Kenda Cup XC series is Sunday. 80% chance of rain Saturday, 40% Sunday. Should be great :D

First round of the Kenda Cup XC series is Sunday. 80% chance of rain Saturday, 40% Sunday. Should be great :D
Starting out in the rain is suk, getting caught in it after riding a while isn't so bad.
Good luck:thumbup

Hell yes. Motorcycle riders who ride mountain bikes.

Don't worry, I'll catch up on all 550 pages here... But it's great to see that there are others who cross over!

I'm guessing it's a grab bag of people? XC riders, fat bikes, downhillers, "enduro" riders? CX bikes?

Anyway, yeah cheers.

Don't worry, I'll catch up on all 550 pages here... But it's great to see that there are others who cross over!

I'm guessing it's a grab bag of people? XC riders, fat bikes, downhillers, "enduro" riders? CX bikes?

Anyway, yeah cheers.

I'd be willing to say that it's mainly just "mountain bikers." Most people on here seem to be not true XC people or DHers... just all-mountain riders.

Some of us even cross over to road bikes as well!

Yep. I'm a 200 mile per week roadie commuter. I am just addicted to racing.

Anyway, yeah cheers.

Dude, have you been to SDF yet (Soquel Demonstration Forest)? That is where this thread started.

And mtn bikes are just like dirt bikes, only not as good, except in a serene sorta way.

I'd be willing to say that it's mainly just "mountain bikers." Most people on here seem to be not true XC people or DHers... just all-mountain riders.

Some of us even cross over to road bikes as well!

Right, got it. So everybody rides enduro then. :teeth

I have indeed been out to SDF! It's a lot of fun out there, if not for a little bit of uphill. My main jam is Joaquin Miller since it's 10 min away, though I always love getting rowdy out at Pacifica.

Anybody ever make it out to Fort Bragg/Casper for trails? My dad helps build a lot of those up there.

Anybody ever make it out to Fort Bragg/Casper for trails? My dad helps build a lot of those up there.

Oh yeah, who's your dad? I just went up there to check it out a few weeks ago. It was awesome!

Rode two days in the Jackson State Demonstration Forest.

One day we took a guided tour with http://mendobikesprite.com/Mendo_Bike_Sprite/Home.html

and one day we joined a weekly club ride with http://www.mendocc.org/Mendocino_Coast_Cyclists/Home.html

Really great trails, really nice folks.

Oh yeah, who's your dad? I just went up there to check it out a few weeks ago. It was awesome!

Rode two days in the Jackson State Demonstration Forest.

One day we took a guided tour with http://mendobikesprite.com/Mendo_Bike_Sprite/Home.html

and one day we joined a weekly club ride with http://www.mendocc.org/Mendocino_Coast_Cyclists/Home.html

Really great trails, really nice folks.

My Dad is Nick, Amy is my Step-mom (both on Ibis Ripleys probably). Glad you liked it up there! I'm still working on getting the endurance to keep up with my old man. :afm199

Awesome Matt! We rode with Nick, and had dinner with Nick and Amy. Great folks and yeah your dad is a ripper. All those guys are strong riders, all those little ups and downs really add up. How about Jack! He's like the Ernie of mountain bikers!:afm199:ride:afm199:ride

I used to be a downhiller:p

I raced at Northstar, the ProGRT and MTB GP tours throughout the US, and even had the chance to ride Windham.

I sustained way too many injuries (broken bones, soft tissue damage, and too many concussions) to justify continuing to race. I just don't bounce like I used to, more like SPLAT these days :rofl

I've also had the most fun riding Whistler with some awesome company.

Now it's just the occasional trail ride every now and then.

Which reminds me....I may be selling my V10c this year..

Last edited:
Awesome Matt! We rode with Nick, and had dinner with Nick and Amy. Great folks and yeah your dad is a ripper. All those guys are strong riders, all those little ups and downs really add up. How about Jack! He's like the Ernie of mountain bikers!:afm199:ride:afm199:ride

They do have a great setup right in their back yard!

Man, I look forward to riding with some of you guys down here though. Anybody think about heading to Pacifica this Sunday?

Bah, cracked my rocker yesterday at Demo. Happened right before getting on the flow trial. Bummer as we had a big ride planned.

IMG_0793-XL.jpg

Back