• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I'm scared if I ride the 429 trail i'll have to have one. Otherwise pretty bad timing for a demo @ JMP. The trails are pretty haggard from the rains, there's a landslide mid-trail on Cindy that if you don't know its there and go bombing though there it could easily send you into the creek. Not to mention the huge amount of hikers on weekends..

I'm scared if I ride the 429 trail i'll have to have one. Otherwise pretty bad timing for a demo @ JMP. The trails are pretty haggard from the rains, there's a landslide mid-trail on Cindy that if you don't know its there and go bombing though there it could easily send you into the creek. Not to mention the huge amount of hikers on weekends..

yeah, bad luck on that. It's from Pivot directly so we have very little control over when their truck rolls through town. Chaparall is still in good shape!

Was out there yesterday in the rain. Only saw hikers, didn't see anyone demoing bieks.

It was sketchy... All over the place.

[youtube]gwlkZ7WlaFU[/youtube]

Fuel EX 9.9 frame, Nox Farlows and some new I9 hubs. Just waiting on spokes and I can build it up!

26164617380_85bd307181_b.jpg

That looks fantastic. What fork?

Thanks! The rest of the kit will come off my 2014 Fuel which has been upgraded along the way. 2015 130mm Pike, XX1 kit, XT brakes, Reverb post, Bontrager Rhythm Pro cockpit, SE4/5 tires. Should be a pretty rowdy but efficient trail bike!

Sick frame, love the color. Why is that portion on the rear swing arm glossy?

Thanks! Actually, no idea... they do it on all their raw carbon bikes. Not sure if it's a style thing for a little pop or for some extra protection.

It's a little Alum plate that keeps the carbon from being chipped from chain slap/drop.

I'd wrap that whole chainstay anyways.

It's a little Alum plate that keeps the carbon from being chipped from chain slap/drop.

I'd wrap that whole chainstay anyways.

Pretty sure they're talking about the seat stay portion that's not matte but gloss.

Yea, wrapping for sure! Between the heal rub resulting from my size 49 shoes and chain slap I sorta have to. Big fan of the rubber 3M sticky stuff!

I wrapped most of my frame with plain matte black vinyl. Its a good match for matte black paint, or smooth matte carbon. I doubled/tripled layers in the high wear areas for extra protection. Works great and is cheap compared to MTB specific stuff.

I had way too much fun today demo riding a few Cannondale's today at Hulda Crooks.

First up was a new Slate Ultegra. Was much more fun then I expected and wish I had more time with it.
https://www.strava.com/activities/555955521

Then I took out a Jekyll. I know it's enduro, but just too DH oriented for me. Just doesn't suit my riding.
https://www.strava.com/activities/555955556

And then a bike that really suits my style, a Scalpel. I liked it too much. But since I already race an FSi I can't justify this bike and my AM FS bike. Bike handles getting air pretty well.
https://www.strava.com/activities/555955812

And just to remind myself how much I love my bike, I took it out for a run. Yep, still love my Jamis.
https://www.strava.com/activities/555995701

Total of about 29 miles and 4200' of gain/loss.

I had way too much fun today demo riding a few Cannondale's today at Hulda Crooks.

Total of about 29 miles and 4200' of gain/loss.

Nice! Way to get some mileage out of their bikes! Yea, I don't like full enduro bikes, which is why I prefer to beef up a trail bike.

Speaking of which, just finished building my new ride. Fuel EX 9.9 frame, 130mm Pike, Nox Farlow carbon rims laced to I9 hubs, XX1 kit, XT brakes, Reverb, Bontrager Rhythm Pro cockpit. 27.5lbs with XT trail pedals. Going to a 2.3 non-enduro casing tire would drop a pound. Breaking it in tonight!

26075217744_91ef85e644_b.jpg

And one from yesterday morning

26681166605_88de533df0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I think I weighed mine in at 29 pounds with a very similar build, except lighter tires (Racing Ralph 2.25). Mine is aluminum.

Attachments

• 13055173_10207813408307019_2011343139894963017_o.jpg
    13055173_10207813408307019_2011343139894963017_o.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back