• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

First bicycle ride since I got my motorcycle ~ 3 weeks ago. My portly tank of a drop bar touring bike felt absolutely svelte and nimble :laughing. Riding it felt so easy and carefree. My more roadish bike will feel like a wisp next time I take it out.

There's a downhill with some curves from the state park I take back home
strava results motorcycle
52 seconds
avg 20.2mi/h max 27.1mi/

strava bicycle
44 seconds
avg 23.9mi/h max 27.7mi/h
:x

Ill be there! also, there's a raffle to give away nicky's custom venge that specialized were building him at the time of his accident worth $10k! i would usually not spread the word to make my chances better of winning, but its for a good cause so i dont even care if i dont win. here's the link to buy raffle tickets
https://nickyhaydenmemorialraffle.com/entry-tickets/

vintage Trek 660 project coming along

bike_explode_trek660.jpg

Quoting my own post because I realized I never posted a photo of the bike all back together. Nothing exotic but its fun to ride. I remember kelsodeez describing his vintage bike as old, heavy, slow and riding like a wet noodle. Thats accurate description of my bike...and me. :laughing

T-Rek660-XL.jpg

So was riding with teammate today as we got to the top of OLH we saw a dude with TT bike next to those black town cars/limousines. Figured maybe an accident or something. As we looked closer a driver, in full suit getup, was taking stuff from the rider and giving him something from a bag. It was his support vehicle. That's baler status right there. :laughing #JobCreator

Did the support include a ride to the top? I might be interested.

Id totally tune into BSB to see him race. i wonder what kind of pace he has
http://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+med...onsidering-change-to-motorcycle-racing/248854

Cavendish considering change to motorcycle racing?
The British cycling legend says it's something he'd love to do

Mark Cavendish is a modern British cycling legend. And in an interview recently with Esquire Middle East, the sportsman says that after, he would love to race bikes.

“I prefer motorbikes more,” says the Brit, when asked on his feelings on four-wheeled sport. “I would like to race them instead.”

Cavendish tells the magazine that he owns a couple of bikes – the kind with an engine – and that it’s not a joke idea…

“In all seriousness,” he replies when asked if that’s what he’ll do next. “I think so.

So was riding with teammate today as we got to the top of OLH we saw a dude with TT bike next to those black town cars/limousines. Figured maybe an accident or something. As we looked closer a driver, in full suit getup, was taking stuff from the rider and giving him something from a bag. It was his support vehicle. That's baler status right there. :laughing #JobCreator
I'm too lazy to set up that kind of support.

Id totally tune into BSB to see him race. i wonder what kind of pace he has
http://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+med...onsidering-change-to-motorcycle-racing/248854

Need to see some lap times before I believe it...

Could be interesting.

Cavendish is a close friend of Crutchlow which may or may not help a potential career in moto racing. I vote no Cavendish on a moto without Sagan in the same race.

:laughing
then cav would never complete a race

giphy.gif

Which one is which? I remember some friends being all upset about it. I remember they said the guy who made the elbow was in the right...and I didn't agree. But I don't know anything about either of them.

I don't follow roadie racing. I know Sagan tried MTB in the Olympics...and he needs to stay on the road :D

Which one is which? I remember some friends being all upset about it. I remember they said the guy who made the elbow was in the right...and I didn't agree. But I don't know anything about either of them.

I don't follow roadie racing. I know Sagan tried MTB in the Olympics...and he needs to stay on the road :D

Segan taking out Cavendish. Dunno I think Cavendish tried to squeeze somewhere he had no business in being.

to me, it always looked like Cav's right foot came unclipped, he went to put power down and realized what happened, looked down all in a split second and lost balance, then commited to crashing when he looked back up and there was Sagan's elbow staring at him.

i must have watched that clip a thosand times haha

if you watch the full video, Cav tried to squeeze in with no room and leaned towards Sagan and instinct for Sagan is to lean into it too. Cav had no room and wasn't going anywhere so tried to unclip but too late so he crashed.

Does anyone plan on going to the Sea Otter Classic next weekend? I plan on going on Saturday 4/21 to check out the booths and get some autographs.

hey, you changed the 9-month-old TdF zombie subject to matters of the present day

I’m considering going down there on Sun, dunno yet -
thx for reminder

Back