• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Kelso that bike just keeps getting better looking.

thanks man :thumbup . i am going deep down the rabbit hole with this bike. it was supposed to be kind of a beater but i fell in love with it and now im upgrading everything on it. i just threw on some 700x30 tires and now im waiting for my carbon drop bars so i can put my new cables and new shifters on. the tires are big, fat and ridiculous! i love it. gonna be so much fun grinding some gravel with this one.

D2fothg.jpg

look at that clearance. i bet i could squeeze some 32mm tires in there

TwBb9Vr.jpg

Picked this up a few days ago used (Charge Plug 4 Disc). Needs a longer stem and maybe a few degrees up but pretty happy with it so far. Handles gravel and road well on the way to work.

f6AX2yMl.jpg

Last edited:
big gum walls. so hot right now :laughing

did some big miles today. grinding out those hills man. i really like these big cushy tires. its like riding on a cloud but im slower for sure. my normal cruising 20mph effort is good for about 17.5mph. its fine tho. this bike isnt a race bike and im just enjoying being out and checking out the area finally on two wheels.

3cWLBzs.jpg

So... I decided to sell my Vision Metron 81 tubulars. If anyone knows someone looking for bitchin wheels sent them my way. :D
They are 10/11 speed compatible, around 500 miles, and currently have Victoria G+ graphene tires glued on. They are true, and in 9/10 condition. Reason is one of the stickers on rear wheel has a chunk missing.

big gum walls. so hot right now :laughing

did some big miles today. grinding out those hills man. i really like these big cushy tires. its like riding on a cloud but im slower for sure. my normal cruising 20mph effort is good for about 17.5mph. its fine tho. this bike isnt a race bike and im just enjoying being out and checking out the area finally on two wheels.

3cWLBzs.jpg

I’m a sucker for Ritchey frames. Nice ride.

I absolutely hated riding my trek road bike - I don’t know why I didn’t get on this beefy road tire craze sooner. Need to find me some gravel roads.

Damn. Could have been ugly. Glad it wasn't. +1 on your IG about road safety.

i feel like it gets more and more dangerous to commute by bicycle. people are angrier than ever and twice as distracted. i really took for granted all of the bike trails in sacramento. i wish san diego had something similar. something's gotta give eventually.

replaced the stock 90mm stem with a 7 degree up/110mm stem last night. Did not realize that you need to tighten the bolt connecting the stem to the headset first before tightening the stem bolt.

Tightened everything in the wrong order - took it for a spin down my street - went to stop and the front end starts jerking. Had to do a poop check.

Note to self - order of operations is important when tightening a stem :)

Yikes, hope you are OK.

i feel like it gets more and more dangerous to commute by bicycle. people are angrier than ever and twice as distracted. i really took for granted all of the bike trails in sacramento. i wish san diego had something similar. something's gotta give eventually.

When I lived in Irvine 7+ years ago it was shit show then. Not all, but good percentage, of drivers in SoCal are self entitled sociopathic assholes.
There was an incident in LA this year where a fucktard took out a triathlete at stop light, then sued her for damages to his car. Of course Police couldn't even bother to do a report.

replaced the stock 90mm stem with a 7 degree up/110mm stem last night. Did not realize that you need to tighten the bolt connecting the stem to the headset first before tightening the stem bolt.

Tightened everything in the wrong order - took it for a spin down my street - went to stop and the front end starts jerking. Had to do a poop check.

Note to self - order of operations is important when tightening a stem :)

Haven't done that, but did not tighten stem bolts that hold handlebars wheel. Also a poop moment when I applied weight and they rotated down. :laughing

2018 Amgen Tour of California cities announced:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/amgen-tour-of-california/tour-of-california-returns-to-gibraltar-road-in-2018_450867

Men’s race

Stage 1: May 13, Long Beach
Stage 2: May 14, Ventura to Santa Barbara County (Gibraltar Road)
Stage 3: May 15, King City to Monterey County (Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)
Stage 4: May 16, San Jose time trial
Stage 5: May 17, Stockton to Elk Grove
Stage 6: May 18, Folsom to South Lake Tahoe
Stage 7: May 19, Sacramento

Women’s race

Stage 1: May 17, Elk Grove
Stage 2: May 18, South Lake Tahoe
Stage 3: May 19, Sacramento

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/amg...altar-road-in-2018_450867#k6iYW5CsxPmUwy2p.99

Damn. Could have been ugly. Glad it wasn't. +1 on your IG about road safety.
Yep, I got lucky. And fittingly of course, some jackass acquaintance of a friend made some asshole comments on my FB post. Paraphrasing, I'm sure I deserved it because I must have been breaking the law by running stop signs and running redlights before hand :rolleye

Of course, I pretty much don't (only except is on the bike route along the river where there is no cross traffic I normally roll through when no one is around, but I stop at those now too).

But he also calls himself a troll on his page, and then gets all butt hurt when I call him a troll :rolleye

Sadly, it is worse here then when I was in San Diego a couple of years ago. Not saying SD is heaven, but this area is total shit.

Yikes, hope you are OK.

When I lived in Irvine 7+ years ago it was shit show then. Not all, but good percentage, of drivers in SoCal are self entitled sociopathic assholes.
There was an incident in LA this year where a fucktard took out a triathlete at stop light, then sued her for damages to his car. Of course Police couldn't even bother to do a report.

Yep, pretty much the same attitude here. Though most of these people are OC commuters.

When I was assaulted earlier this year by two guys, the cops that came out blamed me. Something along the lines of "you must have done something to start it". No, I didn't. "Well, not much we can really do except write a ticket if we can even find who it was." The cop didn't care at all that the two guys tried to scare me off the road, and then jumped out of their truck and punched me a couple of times before driving off!

Sadly, I figured out who it is, and it is a neighbor. And since I am a renter with horses, I can't risk him starting shit and me getting kicked out of my home until I can buy. :(

I ran into him at a coffee shop in Carlsbad :D

Picked up a "new" roadie today. $400 Felt F4 set up as a single speed. Going to swap all my good parts to it and make my steel bike an SS commuter.

I am selling my old race bike. It's Carbon Frame pedal force with 11 speed Rival components, minus crank. Fully assembled just need to put crank in. The FD setup for compact. Frame size 52
I am also selling my rain bike. It's CAAD8 frame. Basically a frame, seat post, saddle, and stem with handle bars. Size 54.
FYI if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Back