• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Ok so the last and most important question......

Will I look cool at starbucks.

No, absolutely not. But you'll probably ride it more than some of the stuff worthy of starbucks.

Attachments

• coln.jpg
    coln.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 51
Just make sure it's Reynolds 853. I was wrong about piant schemes......maybe they used some cheap steel in the model for a year or two also. I dunno 100%. Don't get chromoly and dont pay/trade more than $350 for Reynolds 520 or anything lesser than 853.
I doubt they used anything fancy from Columbus.

Yeah thats what you want. It should have a sticker and/or a stamp saying Reynolds 853 on the bottom of the seat or down tube and maybe underneath the bottom bracket where the cables run through the guide.

Last edited:
Hey I was thinking of getting a complete cervelo S2 or RS using the share the ride deal.. anyone want to go in with me or know any good cervelo dealers to go look or try the bikes? I'm in Santa Cruz so I think I'd have to go to the South Bay.

Geez wtf do you carry in all those huge strap ons? You only need a teeny tiney wedge that sits tight behind the seat, not some saggy ballsack. If there isn't enough room then you pack like my ex GF for an over night ski trip. Have someone fit you on the bike so you can get rid of those two dildo's in the front. You'll feel way better....even on long boring straights. The retard guard. Get the rear der. adjusted correctly and throw away the retard guard.
Your'e welcome.
*I ain't gonna say nuthin about your WW3 nuclear earthquake space shuttle helmet cuz I shouldn't be giving helmet opinions at all.

I had a crush on one of those stinky hippie's working behind that red shack. I don't think she liked me cuz my socks cost more than her yearly soap and shampoo supply.

Last edited:
A girl can never have too many dildos. :party

I carry my pillion in the saggy sack; when I've ridden 10,000 miles and have more confidence, I'll put her on the handlebars.

I looked at NCNCA calendar.... Damn, lots of good races, and Folsom Cyclebration is moved to June! Hopefully Campbell crit gets rescheduled. That probably will be fun.

I have a set of new Mavic CXP22 with no name hubs. They're the kinda wheels that come stock on $1,600-$2,100 bikes. $90

A set of used but good shape Mavic Aksiums. You'd find these on a $2,900 bike. $110

A set of used Shimano RS80 in great shape. These would come stock on many $4,000-$5,000 bikes. $420.
I love these wheels FYI. Light, soft, comfy, stiff enough for most occasions. Really happy with these. These are pretty much Dura Ace wheels only cheaper and with different sticker. A tad heavier. They ride like Dura Ace wheels.

The first two are just normal cheapy wheels. About 1,900 grams. Nothing special. Probably no better than whatever you got. Just newer.
The Shimano's are on the lower side of the "good wheels" category. About 1,600 grams. Ride really well. super comfy and absorb bumps. They're stiff enough to climb and turn well too. Great quality everyday training wheels. Good road race climbing wheels. Good crit race wheels for a chick or lighter dude.

I have a few other fancier wheel sets but I'd want a good bit more for em. Probably shouldn't be a first buy for that Lemond. The three above would be good choices.
Edit: No pressure to buy or anything. This is just stuff I don't need that might work for ya.

Last edited:
I looked at NCNCA calendar.... Damn, lots of good races, and Folsom Cyclebration is moved to June! Hopefully Campbell crit gets rescheduled. That probably will be fun.

Frick, all the 'road races' (non-crit) in Feb/March are a long way from the Bay Area - is that the main racing calendar for NorCal?

here it is.

Looks good. Those wheels are better than the first two cheapy's I offered. Just repack the bearings or get new ones and they should be good as new. Lemme know if you don't like that saddle and wanna get rid of it. I like it.
The front/left shifters on those is known just break fyi. Pretty much impossible to rebuild. Both of the shifters are known for breaking cables at the head. Check the cables often and replace if they're fraying or just look bad. Lotsa times if the cable head breaks off and gets stuck in there its impossible to get it out and you'll need new shifters. Spray some anti rust lube inside the tubes. Seat tube is easy but it's worth the work to spray into the head and bottom bracket. If you know how to, it's a good idea to take most of that bike apart and spray into every tube from every angle.

Not sure if im going to run that seat or a Fizik I still have laying around. Only took it for a short ride because of the weather. I think its a keeper. Just stoked to have a handmade in the USA reynolds 853 bike.

Frick, all the 'road races' (non-crit) in Feb/March are a long way from the Bay Area - is that the main racing calendar for NorCal?

Yep. All the road races are in the middle of nowhere with signs "Trespassers will be shot" :laughing Only real close ones are Pescadero, Hamilton, Berkeley, and Patterson, Wente. They are also the most fun. :teeth Actually now that I listed them, it's quite a nice list.

Last edited:
Back