Erik Buell is back

It's a beautiful, innovative bike, built out of the shallow pockets of a guy who clearly just loves motorcycles and wants nothing more than to build them. How there can be so much malice towards the endeavor on a motorcycle forum is staggering to me.

The guy spend 20 years under a collection of myopic, disconnected overlords who continually crushed his ambitions, yet he still has the passion and energy to spend his last pennies rebuilding NOS engine blocks to try to realize his dream. That's inspirational in any context; we, of all people, should understand and applaud that.

It's a beautiful, innovative bike, built out of the shallow pockets of a guy who clearly just loves motorcycles and wants nothing more than to build them. How there can be so much malice towards the endeavor on a motorcycle forum is staggering to me.

The guy spend 20 years under a collection of myopic, disconnected overlords who continually crushed his ambitions, yet he still has the passion and energy to spend his last pennies rebuilding NOS engine blocks to try to realize his dream. That's inspirational in any context; we, of all people, should understand and applaud that.

+Eleventyone!

I've said it numerous times before.......I'm not a huge fan of Buell motorcycles, but I LOVE the idea of Buell Motorcycles and hope for his success. The guy has passion and has done a lot of innovative things.

I think it sucks that the only viable American manufacturers of motorcycles make retrobikes and only retrobikes. There's nothing wrong with retro, but when it's the ONLY option it is very limiting. Buell is fighting to be a domestic producer of modern motorcycles and I applaud this goal!!

Hey brown didn't I finish ahead of you last season in MCN?? :twofinger:twofinger:twofinger guess I must know something:teeth

WTF is MCN? Once again, I have no fucking idea what you are going on about. I don't understand why you make stuff up? It's bizarre.:wtf

And, yes, you do believe you know something, however, this thread seems to have shown the opposite to be true. :thumbup

Some new pics from the dealer expo in Indy last weekend......

Attachments

• IMG00033-20110218-1627.jpg
    IMG00033-20110218-1627.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00034-20110218-1627.jpg
    IMG00034-20110218-1627.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG00035-20110218-1628.jpg
    IMG00035-20110218-1628.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00036-20110218-1628.jpg
    IMG00036-20110218-1628.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00038-20110218-1629.jpg
    IMG00038-20110218-1629.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00040-20110218-1629.jpg
    IMG00040-20110218-1629.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00041-20110218-1631.jpg
    IMG00041-20110218-1631.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00045-20110218-1649.jpg
    IMG00045-20110218-1649.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 30
And for you haters out there like Zero: :twofinger

Why don't you just man up and say "I just hate Buells, and so I will always come up with reasons why they are no good, no matter how little sense I make."

At least we'll have an opportunity to respect your honesty, even if you're using an idiots logic. :teeth

I have to admit, I've been paying attention to that other board now. :mad Sometimes you see the train wreck coming but can't stop watching it anyway. :laughing

They keep saying "haters gonna hate" which is the same thing as "I hate xxx just because..." the only difference is that's the fan boy side of the "argument". They can't tell us WHY they think it's a better bike only that it is. At least Trojan gets it. I would definitely love to see a US Manufacturer do well without the helpful rule bending. And like I've been saying there's some bad blood between the general motorcycling community and the "Buell" brand that has to be overcome at this point regardless of who and where it came from, it is now attached to the Buell/Erik Buell name.

He is kind of getting it from both sides at this point. The HD crowd just because it is a sport bike and the sport bike crowd because of the HD ties, bent rules and general quirkiness/ugliness of the bikes. I mean, the XBs were so short my 6' frame couldn't sit on one without looking straight down at the front tire. The Ulysseys... seriously? That's your dual sport entry? I can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head that say that's bad design for off road use. The 1125r was just freakin' ugly at first but I'll admit it grew on me but still has/had mechanical issues. These are just a few examples but still... meh, I don't know why I'm bothering other than I'm still a little annoyed by some comments on that fanboy forum. :laughing If I would just close both tabs out on my browser the issue would go away. :x

someone please buy one and crash it so i can buy some of the parts later

<--- wants that subframe :drools

IAnd like I've been saying there's some bad blood between the general motorcycling community and the "Buell" brand that has to be overcome at this point regardless of who and where it came from, it is now attached to the Buell/Erik Buell name.

There is no "bad blood", excepting folks like you. YOU have the "bad blood". You do understand that right? Just because you do doesn't mean the rest of us do.

I mean, the XBs were so short my 6' frame couldn't sit on one without looking straight down at the front tire. The Ulysseys... seriously? That's your dual sport entry? I can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head that say that's bad design for off road use. The 1125r was just freakin' ugly at first but I'll admit it grew on me but still has/had mechanical issues. These are just a few examples but still... meh, I don't know why I'm bothering other than I'm still a little annoyed by some comments on that fanboy forum. :laughing If I would just close both tabs out on my browser the issue would go away. :x

1. Plenty of Buells with TONS of legroom.

2. Ulysseys was not a "dual sport". It can be put in the same category as a Multistrada. Would you rather take one of those in the dirt? Good luck with that.

3. Detail all your experience with these 1125 "mechaincal issues".

4. Ozy, I really like your posts, respect your point of view, etc. But, I have to say in this thread you are not making much sense bro!:laughing

WTF is MCN? Once again, I have no fucking idea what you are going on about. I don't understand why you make stuff up? It's bizarre.:wtf

And, yes, you do believe you know something, however, this thread seems to have shown the opposite to be true. :thumbup
:rofl:rofl:rofl
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/s...1-fantasy-road-race-2011-is-go/_/R-EPI-129065
U-Mad-Bro.jpg

And for you haters out there like Zero: :twofinger

Why don't you just man up and say "I just hate Buells, and so I will always come up with reasons why they are no good, no matter how little sense I make."

At least we'll have an opportunity to respect your honesty, even if you're using an idiots logic. :teeth

hey look who signed up just to defend Buell! its like the stunt thread all over again!

nice to meet you two posts, you sir are trollin'

my offer stands out perform the competition on a WSBK level. until then,,,

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin' WHAT!! keep trollin'trollin'trollin'trollin'
trollinh.jpg

Why did you say you beat me on MCN? I have never been in any MCN fantasy league or fantasy league of any sort.

WTF are you talking about??? Oh dear Jesus.:facepalm

No u mad bro

perhaps you should sign up this year. I'm sure with all of your extensive knowledge in racing you'd be a shoe in to win it. no Buells though...

There is no "bad blood", excepting folks like you. YOU have the "bad blood". You do understand that right? Just because you do doesn't mean the rest of us do.

1. Plenty of Buells with TONS of legroom.

2. Ulysseys was not a "dual sport". It can be put in the same category as a Multistrada. Would you rather take one of those in the dirt? Good luck with that.

3. Detail all your experience with these 1125 "mechaincal issues".

4. Ozy, I really like your posts, respect your point of view, etc. But, I have to say in this thread you are not making much sense bro!:laughing

Maybe bad blood was too strong of a phrase to use. But the people I have spoken with on the rare occasions that Buell come up tend to lean more towards the "they have something to prove to me at this point for me buy something" side of things which is where I'm coming from even if I'm not making that clear. :thumbup I'm not saying I would never buy something he makes either. I've that I don't like the name of the company and it is probably a bad call to continue using that moniker but it isn't my company nor my decision. I'm just stating my opinion. :dunno

As far as the Ulysses. I'll just do this. Read the first line of this press release from Buell. The phrase "road is unpaved" implies off road, yes? Fire trails, gravel roads... things of that nature are typically unpaved. :teeth

As far as my experiences mechanically with the 1125r, read back a couple of pages. I explained them to JO EBRMC. Based in fact (some is) or just "belief" the point is still there that Buell has something to prove to me. maybe the issues I have been fixed and maybe they haven't. I was thinking about purchasing one but did not for my reasons listed, INCLUDING the debacle of an 1125r racing against 600s and not winning every single race. That's the point where I kind of turned my mind completely away from it. Until that point I was still on the fence waiting for the little issues to be fixed. Maybe that's a silly reason, but if I'm going to buy a liter bike, I expect it to perform as well as other liter bikes, not to the level of a 600. I know, I know... they are close already but there's a level of image involved in any purchase even if you're not just posing at *$

Afterwards, I stopped following anything Buell until HD shut the company down. WHICH I will add, I think was a bad call on HD's part. It seemed more like a "fuck you" towards Erik than anything when they could have sold the company back to him and got something out of it rather than just setting a match to the place and dumping all those blasts in a dumpster. But they made the same kind of unintelligent deal to sell MV Augusta as well. I also avoided purchasing an MV F4 for awhile until I saw what HD was going to do with the company. Maybe I'm strange, but I want to be sure that when I spend $10+ on something I'll have long term support for parts replacements when things break.

Yeah, I know I'm not making myself as clear as I mean to. I'm not trying to come off as a Buell hater so much as part business man (I do own my own business after all and any kind of stigma attached can really hurt long term) and part MC enthusiast. That and I can be pretty opinionated at times. :x :laughing

nice to meet you two posts, you sir are trollin'

That isn't trolling. However, what you are doing is. Your goal here is nothing other than the annoying everyone taking part in this discussion.

Back