Erik Buell is back

:rofl

Too bad Czysz couldn't get a bike on the track.

But wait, he built the best American GP ever to ...uh....NOT exist!!

You try and build a non-existent bike, I think you'll see it is not as easy as you think.

But seriously, Michael is better looking than Erik and could sell a fish a gallon of water.

erik_buell_racing_ebr_1190rs_-_first_look_image_575_346.jpg

whats not to like?

Whoa. Thats awesome.:cool

But wait, he built the best American GP ever to ...uh....NOT exist!!

You try and build a non-existent bike, I think you'll see it is not as easy as you think.

I have a lot of respect for what Czysz was trying to do and was really hopeful but in the end, it didn't amount to much. He'd still have my full support if he were to get on the grid in 2012.

Is it wrong to say that Erik seems to have forgotten about the little people with his new direction in design? There's no way in hell I can pay for a $40,000 bike. I could do mid-teens though and Ducati is squarely in that range for me. Why would I buy a Buell when I can have similar if not better (and certainly sexy) performance for a third of the cost? :dunno

I have a lot of respect for what Czysz was trying to do and was really hopeful but in the end, it didn't amount to much. He'd still have my full support if he were to get on the grid in 2012.

I do, too. Although I was a big doubter at the time. Just a lot easier to talk about a motoGP bike than it is to actually field one. Despite all the marketing.

The electric bike is promising. :cool

Is it wrong to say that Erik seems to have forgotten about the little people with his new direction in design? There's no way in hell I can pay for a $40,000 bike. I could do mid-teens though and Ducati is squarely in that range for me. Why would I buy a Buell when I can have similar if not better (and certainly sexy) performance for a third of the cost? :dunno

This is primarily a race bike. He needs to sell a few in order to get them on the grid. The plan is to leverage this bike to build cheaper versions geared more toward the general public. Buell's goal is not to be a boutique bike builder.

Look at this. I've never spent a huge amount of time looking at rear wheels but that is very nice:
616829.jpg

(btw, that image was posted by someone associated with Buell and wasn't taken from the CW article so there isn't a copyright issue)

This is primarily a race bike. He needs to sell a few in order to get them on the grid. The plan is to leverage this bike to build cheaper versions geared more toward the general public. Buell's goal is not to be a boutique bike builder.

Good. I'd like to pick one up sometime in the future.

erik_buell_racing_ebr_1190rs_-_first_look_image_575_346.jpg

whats not to like?

Cool looking bike, but $40Gs+ for that? Whoever buys one of these does so purely to either support Erik Buell or to put in the garage and say they have one.

The lines of that remind me of an S1000RR with race plastics. Which I think can be had for around $18k...with a warranty and a multibillion company and huge dealer network standing behind it...

If Erik needs true financing to restart, he just develop a market plan and seek investors. Using the public to fund it with $40,000 motorcycles is a bit lowbrow to me.

Look at this. I've never spent a huge amount of time looking at rear wheels but that is very nice:
616829.jpg

(btw, that image was posted by someone associated with Buell and wasn't taken from the CW article so there isn't a copyright issue)

Rear Wheel Looks very nice? For $40,000. You get looks very nice from a lota builders. For $40,000. You can trick out a lota bikes any way You want, and have one of a kind, as well.

I wonder what kind of visibility that light provides at night

I missed this initially but there are actually two lights there, the second is behind the plastics above the one on the nose.

Rear Wheel Looks very nice? For $40,000. You get looks very nice from a lota builders. For $40,000. You can trick out a lota bikes any way You want, and have one of a kind, as well.

But how many of them can compete in AMA Superbike against Yosh Suzuki? 170-190 HP at under 400 pounds wet on a platform that corners better than anything else on that track?

The bike pictured has lights, mirrors, and bracket for a license plate...

Has this Buell competed against a Yosh Suzuki? Until it does...we don't know if it wins or if it loses in that competition.

Jesus. Give the guy a chance. Didn't his non-complete clause with HD just run out like 10 days ago?

Give him a couple weeks at least to start a whole new company and have your $10,000/170hp/305lb bikes that will complete with the gazillion dollar mega corporations.

:wow

:laughing

Jeez fellas!!

Judging from the picture, I'd say planning has been taking place, no?

Don't worry, they'll be down to 39,999.99 soon!

I missed this initially but there are actually two lights there, the second is behind the plastics above the one on the nose.

I missed that as well. So that means the front end is that much more of a complete rip-off of a Ducati 996. :laughing having the light behind the windscreen like that probably isn't a good idea. The word glare comes to mind.

I still give props for good looking design though even if it is a cross between a Ducati, MV Agusta and Aprilia. You'll :wtf when you see all the "stolen" lines/design aspects.

I missed that as well. So that means the front end is that much more of a complete rip-off of a Ducati 996. :laughing having the light behind the windscreen like that probably isn't a good idea. The word glare comes to mind.

I still give props for good looking design though even if it is a cross between a Ducati, MV Agusta and Aprilia. You'll :wtf when you see all the "stolen" lines/design aspects.

What exactly is it about Erik Buell that you can not stand??

BTW, the 916 (and 996 that came later), looks nothing like this bike. Not does it look like any bike from Aprilia or MV Augusta. :laughing

:)

I must admit, the lights look exactly the same. Just kidding.

Attachments

• Ducati 916 94  1.jpg
    Ducati 916 94 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 35
Back