• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I sure hope they come back to Calistoga. That's a great place to see a race.

I love the setting at Calistoga. Perfect temps and its so pretty there with the wonderful town and evening sunshine on the mountains surrounding the track. Unparalleled. Downside is that track is dangerous. High grip and high speeds with those banked turns. There have been bad accidents there nearly every race. I wouldn't miss it if it was off the schedule.

um, izzit still deck chair rearranging & revolving doors?

DMG re-hires McGrath as FT Chief Competition Officer

".....Completing the competition department, seven-time Grand National Champion Chris Carr will serve as Competition Consultant for AMA Pro Flat Track. His success on the race track, combined with his proven business acumen, make him perfectly suited to assist the company with a number of competition-related projects and the formation of a new Advisory Group. A fan favorite, Carr will also remain as color commentator for AMA Pro Flat Track's live streaming broadcasts on FansChoice.tv......"

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-pro-racing-re-hires-mcgrath-as-chief-competition-officer/

Every damn year they have so much turnover.

WTF AMA. The Sac Mile and Hangtown MX are both on May 21st! I am sure there are a some who would have gone to the mile but are MX fans first and will go to Hangtown. Flat track has enough problems without the AMA doing this.

Disclaimer, I can not make the mile this year. I will be in Switzerland. :teeth:ride

yes, it's happened again

IIRC, in 2011 [& mebbe 2012], The Sacramento Mile & Laguna Seca's MotoGP were on the same weekend

Sacto's promoter couldn't get Salinas' TT/Short Track bcz of famed Salinas Rodeo

it's always sumthing......

now it's gonna be all Big Screens, all the time !!

Jumbotrons at every AMA Pro FT race

".....Providing a 'Big Screen' experience is another element of our strategy to modernize the sport of Pro Flat Track racing.....Now, the fans in the stands will be able to enjoy the full array of pre and post-race content, live racing, action replays and highlights already delivered to FansChoice.tv. This addition to the show will allow us to tell the story of AMA Pro Flat Track in a captivating way, while also delivering value to both race promoter and AMA Pro Racing's commercial partners, who support our great American sport....."

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/jumbotrons-coming-to-all-ama-pro-flat-track-events-in-2016/

RE: twins at Peoria & other TTs?

forget them - this [from Rainey's Twatter] Ascot KR500 is scary!

Attachments

• Kawasaki1982RaineyTT.jpg
    Kawasaki1982RaineyTT.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 44
^^^ That thing looks like a handful.

Didn't count exactly but I think we're 30 days from Daytona Short Track #1. Woot!

Cory Texter's AMA Pro FT plans

".....This will be Texter’s first full season in the championship since 2009. For the Singles rounds, he will have in his stable Honda CRF450Rs supported by longtime-sponsor Lancaster Honda. For the Twins rounds, Texter will race a Big-A linkage-framed 700cc Kawasaki Vulcan S and a 750cc Kawasaki Vulcan S....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016/02/09/flat-track-corey-texter-announces-2016-campaign/

results from $5000 Pro Unlimited race run at Portland's "The ONE M/C Show":

1. Brad Baker
2. Sammy Halbert
3. Joe Kopp
4. Dominic Colindres [Brisbane]
5. Scott Baker
6. Davis Fisher

Glad to see the Bullet is all healed up. :thumbup

Just saw this linked from the ADV Racing forum. Competitor Bulletin released from AMA Pro Racing today stating they have approved a 750cc twin from Indian as race-only, meaning non-production engine. Didn't see that coming. Indian must be a lot more serious about FT than anyone thought.

Just saw this linked from the ADV Racing forum. Competitor Bulletin released from AMA Pro Racing today stating they have approved a 750cc twin from Indian as race-only, meaning non-production engine. Didn't see that coming. Indian must be a lot more serious about FT than anyone thought.

Interesting. Sleeved/de-stroked version of the Scout motor, or something new? The Scout motor looks kind of bulky compared to something like an FZ-07 motor, but that's just from looking at photos. :dunno

Totally custom built just for flat track racing... from Cycleworld:

"In a development long anticipated by insiders, AMA Pro Racing has by its Pro Flat Track Competition Bulletin #2016-03 approved Indian’s race-only 750 twin engine for competition.

This is an all-new engine which we suspect was designed by Polaris’ Swissauto division (because of its large experience in racing), not a result of combining existing Indian Scout crankcases with added race-suitable components such as crankshaft, pistons, heads, etc. as provided under the new rules.

This is an exciting development because not since Honda’s RS750 of the early 1980s has an all-new, designed-for-racing engine been approved for US flat track competition."

Very interesting!

Back