• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Work got in the way of my trip to watch the San Jose Indoor. Flat Track Live just posted some highlights from practice on Facebook. Cool to Garrett Willis on the ALTA Motos Redshift hanging with the fast pros.

Bump for the series racing in Austin this weekend that is all about lots of racing and less about drama from last year and next year.

1/2 Mile Saturday night. Already 39 GNC1 riders entered and 36 GNC2 riders. Big fields in both classes: lots of heats, LCQ, Dash for Cash, Mains.

What's that track like; cushion, blue groove, clay grip monster?

Don't know. No biblical rains this week so its got to be better than the X-Games track. As always, I'm hoping for cushion.

I have not decided I whether to attend yet or not. Day of decision.

Will check out the venue at least.

I am confident that this will shock some folks, but I'd rather watch an AMA half-mile than a MotoGP race, but that's just me.... :dunno

I am confident that this won't shock anyone:

I like to watch them all

MotoGP, AMA Pro FT, SBK, SX, MA, BSB, MX - it's all good!

I've skipped going to Laguna to attend the Sac Mile when they conflicted. Would do it again. Some day when I get my work schedule gets back to normal, I'm going to try to get to attend Peoria, Springfield, Lima and some of the rest of the schedule.

Brakes? Suzuki considering entering the Half Mile Saturday night?

Screen%2520Shot%25202016-04-08%2520at%252011.53.04%2520AM.png

(Name of your deity) just put down a little water on the 1/2 Mile at COTA to keep conditions perfect.

Who's watching AMA Pro Flat Track on FansChoice.TV tonight?

I'm going to be parked in my office chair watching AMA PRO FT on my desktop and live streaming of the first round of AMA National Supermoto on my laptop. :nerd

oh, dunna worry - I'll be streaming FT into the Big Screen !

Just looked it up. Practice and qualifying are underway now. Racing begins at 5 PM PDT.

Dave Aldana racing Super Hooligans. :wow Supermoto racer, MotoAmerican SSTK1000 racer and AMA Flat tracker Tyler O'Hara also on the SH entry list.

Track is Chris Carr designed. Rough spots caused some big moments in practice and qualifying. Looks like a rectangle with double apex corners allowing for multiple lines if those bumps get taken care of.

Heats starting now.

Those Scouts set for Hooligan racing look good. That bike in its stock form is a non-starter for me because of the footpeg and seating position, but set up for racing they look like motorcycles instead of Barcaloungers. :thumbup

I saw a bunch of the Super Hooligan Indians in Las Vegas last November. They look cool as Hell stripped down.

well, those T3 bumps were no fun, but the racing was close & exciting -
based on lap times, was that a 3/8-mile circuit, or what?

Mees looked good & even called out his local sponsor, SDI Insulation [also sponsor of upcoming The Santa Rosa Mile]

OG hero 'Bones' Aldana had issues - darn it!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sent on behalf of the promoter:

SACRAMENTO, CA (April 29, 2016) - Scott Parker had some of his most memorable AMA Grand National victories on the legendary Sacramento Mile and on Saturday, May 21, he will return to Cal Expo to take part in the Clash of the Titans III, an exhibition against his former hero and rival and fellow Flint, Michigan native Jay Springsteen. It was Springsteen who won the first two Clash of the Titan events over Chris Carr and is looking for three in a row at this year's event.

For Parker the return to Sacramento brings back some vivid memories of racing in one of the most iconic motorcycle races in America.

"The Sacramento Mile is a very special place for me," said Parker, who with 13 national wins, has more victories at Cal Expo than any other rider in history. "One that really stands out was in '85 when I beat Wayne Rainey by a couple of inches. Almost every time I see Wayne he brings up that race. He always says, 'Why didn't you let me win that race?' because Wayne never won on the Mile.

"The other one was in '88 when I won the last race of the year there and put an end to the question of who the real champion was."

Parker is referring to a situation at the end of the 1988 AMA Grand National season where Honda factory rider Bubba Shobert had a chance to win the championship but had a weight penalty that disqualified him from a race early in the season, which he appealed. The appeal was ultimately denied during the Sacramento race weekend and Parker clinched the championship before the race even started. But Parker didn't want to win the title that way. He said he wanted to end the season with a victory, proving he would have been the champion regardless of the appeal decision. And he did. Parker dominated that year's Sacramento Mile season finale over Shobert.

Now Parker returns to Sacramento for the first time since he retired in 1999 and he's looking forward to racing his friend and former Harley-Davidson factory teammate Jay Springsteen.

"Me and Jay actually got together and had dinner at Hooters the other night and he was talking about how much fun it was going to be for me to come back to Sacramento," Parker said. "He just kept going on and on about how it was one of the best things he's ever been a part of, so he's really got me pumped up. As far as training, I haven't been on a bike much, but I think after a few laps it will all come back to me, after all that's what I did for 30 years."

Parker concluded by saying the thing he was most looking forward to was getting back to see the fans.

"Sacramento always had some of the greatest fans in the series," he said. "And I'm looking forward to seeing again all the great people who cheered me on back in my racing days. It should be a blast."

The AMA Pro Grand National Championship series is one of the longest running motorcycle racing championships in the world. On the long straights of the Sacramento Mile top speeds can reach 130 miles per hour. Flat track racing has produced many of America's Motorcycle Grand Prix Champions such as Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kenny Roberts, Jr. and Nicky Hayden. Visit www.sactomile.com to keep up with all the latest on the event.

For additional series info visit: www.amaproracing.com/ft
Via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SactoMile
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sactomile
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/sactomile

2016 Ticket Information: Ticket information is available for the May 21, 2016 Sacramento Mile at www.sactomile.com.

Fans can order tickets online at http://www.sactomile.com/tickets, or by calling 1-844 SAC MILE (1-844- 722-6453).

Anybody know if the Sacramento mile is run rain or shine? Weather isn't looking too swell for Saturday...

They can't race in the rain. Been watching the forecast. Earlier this week the forecast was for rain all day, now its less than 20% chance of brief showers so it seems to be improving. Steady rain is bad. A short rain shower may not be a problem beyond some delays in the schedule.

Best scenario would be just enough rain early in the day to form a nice wide cushion track.

Back